Welcome to the 22 Digit podcast series, featuring the best in deep and tech house music form the world's best DJs. Throughout the series we will spend time each episode exploring what's new in the world of 22 Digit Records as well as sharing DJ mixes in our guestmix slot each month.
22 DIGIT DEEP TECH HOUSE PODCAST 006 - Scott Bradford
When your talking about old hands in the British Dance music scene that still hold the credibility to stick to their guns and continue to play non commercial, true house music you need look no further than Scott Bradford.
Scott first cut his teeth on the decks in 1989 playing odd club slots around the North East of England but he soon pushed himself to the forefront after teaming up with long term partner, SCOOBY, when they started their first weekly residency at Rockshots in Newcastle.
After two years and the subsequent rise of the silly hardcore scene Scott realised it was time to move on and relocate to a smaller venue where only those who appreciated their music fully and the crowd could be closely monitored. They took up residency at Club Afrika in May1992 and the legendary SHINDIG was born.
moving into it’s 21st year (making it one of the longest running club nights in the UK) the night now resides at the impressive Warehouse 34 in Newcastle has played host to a who’s who of international DJ talent and has gained a massive reputation at home and abroad.
Having recorded under the monikers NEW PHUNK THEORY, LITTLE GREEN MEN, SHINDIG, THIRD MOVEMENT, FISHEAD (with Satoshi Tomiie) and most notably as LEXICON AVENUE their remix and production credits extend to such labels as Yoshitoshi, Airtight, Hooj Choons, Paper Recordings toy name but a few…
Celebrating its 21st year this month sees Shindig host Part 2 of it's birthday Celebrations this coming august bank holiday along with a Shindig Pool Party at Croatia's SONUS festival also this bank holiday.
for more information visit www.shindiguk.com or you can find Shindig W34 on Facebook and Twitter.
So here we are… 21 years and still going strong… if this isn't one of the hardest working men in dance music… we don't know who is…
Ladies and gents… This is the sound of SHINDIG and Scott Bradford….
1. Mael - Deviation (Original Mix)
2. DEE.P - Thai Suzy (Original Mix)
1. Dual T – Rainy Afternoon (Giom Mix)
2. FCL – It's You (MK Mix)
3. Supacooks – Anthill (Giom Mix)
4. John Tejada – Somewhere
5. Mario Basanov – Slip Away (show B Dub)
6. Manoo – Kromosome X
7. Slam – Eterna (Radioslave Mix) - Loop
8. Kaiserdisco – Smoke City
9. Dema & Paride Saraceni – Indiana
10. Paperclip People – Throw (Slam mix)
11. MiniCoolBoyz – Game Over
12. Nikola Baytala & Myles Egner – Zero (Catz n Dogz mix)
13. Catz n dogz – They Frontin
14. Abe Duque – Acid
15. Patch Park – Paradise In Trouble
For more information visit
www.shindiguk.com // SHINDIG W34 (Facebook + Twitter)
22 Digit x
22 DIGIT DEEP TECH HOUSE PODCAST 005 - Tom Ellis
Welcome to Episode 5 of the 22 Digit Deep Tech House Podcast series, this month with special guest "Tom Ellis".
One of the core members and residents of the free rotation festival and s Uk underground Stalwart, Tom Ellis joins the Classic Family later this year with his first EP scheduled for September.
Previous releases on 22 digit, Etheral sound and moon harbour to name but a few are why Tom continues to shine and impress worldwide.
With new side project "moken operetta" due to sign with Apollo records and constant bookings the remainder of 2013, the future looks promising for one of our core artists here at 22 digit.
1. Plastiksound - The Dark Side
2. Tom Ellis - Envelope
3. Ludowick - Sometimes I Wonder
TOM ELLIS TRACKLIST
1. Nina Simone - ...Who Am I
2. Anotone - On the other side of nowhere
3. Pit Spector - Major Dust
4. Claire Kenway - Tok Tok (In My Bubble)
5. Jazzanova - Believer
6. Moodymann - U Ranaway
7. Leif - Roundup
8. Manmadescience - Herb
9. Pit SPector - Wanna Do
10. Claire Kenway - ChChCh (feat. Alex)
11. Flying Lotus - Infinitum
12. Pheek - Retrouvailles Saso Recyd Remix
13. Keinzweiter - Breezin (lavajazz edit)
14. Leif - Twenty Nine
15. Pit Spector - Cloche
16. Clyde - Roll Of The Beast
17. Jazzanova - Lie (Soldiers Of House AB reworked remix)
18. Steevio - Teulu Iquar
19. Vale - Appeal
20. Duckett - Truck Stops & Hamburger Joints (Leif Remix)
21. Pearl Jam - Of The Girl
Check out our latest release 'Tom Ellis - Envelope" here
22 Digit x
22 DIGIT DEEP TECH HOUSE PODCAST 004 - Moodymanc
Episode 3 of the 22 Digit Deep Tech house podcast series featuring a tribute to Shindig's 21st birthday and a guest mix from Moodymanc.
"Moodymanc" has become one of the most respected names in house music today. The cheeky monniker was given as a nickname to Danny Ward by his cohorts at 2020 Vision recordings due to his heavily jazz tinged productions and Mancunian roots (Danny was a Hacienda regular and performer back in the day) whilst he was producing his two widely acclaimed albums and may 12"s under the name "Dubble D" and as part of "2020 Soundsystem".
The rest is house music history with the first series of 12"s on his own imprint through 2020Vision leading to releases on labels including Tsuba and Dessous (as well as 2020Vision itself), and underground 12"s on boutique labels including Landed, Abstract Theory and Fly By Night. The considerable success and response of these releases, not to mention his chart topping eps "Black Paint", "Joy" and "Father" have showcased his unique production skills and lead to him becoming one of the most in demand re-mixers around, keeping his name consistently in the bestseller and DJ charts and earning the respect of most of the big hitters on the scene, whilst his tribute re-work of Whitney Houston's "It's not right, but it's okay" continues to be an internet sensation.
Danny's roots lie in his background as a jazz musician (he still regularly performs with some of Europe and the US's finest) leading him to gain work with such beat luminaries as Rae and Christian, the Pharcyde, Fila Brasilia and many more before taking the drum and production seats in 2020 soundsystem with Ralph Lawson and Silver City, this led him to perform and dj at some of the biggest clubs, dance events and festivals across the world and has seen him create a large media presence having graced the cover of DJ magazine and been featured in all the Dance music glossies as well as the underground blogs.
2013 is kicking off in fine style for Danny with Moodymanc re-mixes of 95 North's classic "Let Yourself Go" tearing up dancefloors and vinyl eps in line for spring release on Frole , Abstract Theory and Gimmick, plus a "Dubble D" ep on Dark Energy and further side projects and an album planned for later in the year.
SHINDIG XXI Mix Tracklist
1. Maya Jane Coles - No Sympathy (Djuma Soundsystem Mix)
2. Kerri Chandler - Keep Me Inside
3. Seth Troxler - Love Berzerker (Ryan Crosson Remix)
4. Guy Gerber & Shlomi Aber - Afterlove
5. Davide Squillace & Alex Nazar - Do Somebody
6. Monkey Safari - High Life (Ole Biege Remix)
MOODYMANC GUESTMIX TRACKLIST
1. Ludowick - Let's Get it Off (Moodymanc's epic opener)
2. Dubble D presents Moodymanc - "Church!"
3. Pablo Sanchez - Out and About (Kyodai mix)
4. Samuel W. - China Book
5. J Paul Getto - Different Folks
6. Biella & Astrall - What Soul Ever
7. Fela Kuti - Shakara (Ossie's Bump Edit)
8. Matrix & Kerri Chandler - Get Out (Kerri Chandler mix)
9. Bjorn Wolf & Youri Donaz - Fisherman from Wuling
10. Jay Lumen - Spin Like Fire
11. Gerald Henderson - I do
12. Umami - Sunny
22 DIGIT DEEP TECH HOUSE PODCAST 003 - Dan Drastic
Featuring essential new / forthcoming 22 Digit Records Tracks and a special mix from this month's guest, Moon Harbour's Dan Drastic.
Known for his high-quality house sets, Daniel Faulwasser, aka Dan Drastic, is a firm fixture in Germany’s club scene. In addition to his deejaying skills, his work as a producer has been impressive, particularly in recent years. Furthermore, he has managed to build an international fan base as a presenter and producer of the monthly Moon Harbour Radio Show.
As early as the Nineties, he was active as a deejay and organized club nights in his hometown, Chemnitz. In 2004 he moved to Leipzig. There he was quickly welcomed into the Moon Harbour family and released his first productions on Highgrade, Lorna, Curl Curl and the English label Hairy Claw, which is part of Stevie Kotey’s label group Bear Entertainment.
At the end of the summer of 2008, his first EP “Slice Of Life” was released on Moon Harbour. The title track was the start of Dan Drastic’s regular appearance on Moon Harbour. Subsequently he cooperated with Chris Lattner and Matthias Tanzmann and released tracks on several Moon Harbour label compilations, as well as on other labels such as Luna Records and Rrygular, teaming up with his friend Andreas Eckhardt on the latter. In addition artists such as Luna City Express and Simon Flower have asked him to remix their music. In early 2012 his “Noodle Stories EP” was released on Moon Harbour. Soon afterwards he mixed the new label compilation “Moon Harbour Inhouse Vol.4”, released in June 2012.
Since autumn 2011 he has been producing and presenting the monthly Moon Harbour Radio Show, alternating with Luna City Express. The show has garnered a broad base of regular listeners worldwide and is broadcast by several Internet radio stations like Pioneer DJ Radio and Samurai FM.
Dan Drastic is the guarantee for a great set on the dance floor. He is now being booked throughout Europe and has already performed in venues and on club nights like Studio80 (Amsterdam), Watergate (Berlin), Panoramabar (Berlin), The Zoo Project (Ibiza) and Robert Johnson (Offenbach). In Leipzig he hosts the Moon Harbour Flights that take place every two months at the legendary Distillery.
1. Hankat - From A to B - Studie Strasse
2. Ian Pooley & Spencer Parker - Lerchen Und Eulen (Radio Slave Remix) - Ovum
3. Nicholas Deca - Adunare (Leon Remix) - Tzinah Records
4. Dan Drastic & Sven Tasnadi - Downstairs - Moon Harbour
5. Deltano - Eight Rover (Saso Recyd Remix) - Trend Records
6. Paco Wegmann - Outta My Way - AMA
7. Zohki & Roozlee - Braka - VIVa Music
8. Jesse Rose - Love the Feeling High feat. Ed Weathers - Play It Down
9. Kyodai - Moving (Breaking Part 2) - Local Talk
10. Pascal Feos & Domenic D'Agnelli - Get Me Wrong (Luna City Express Remix) - Sono Vivo
11. Dan Drastic & Sven Tasnadi - Snip (Kabale Und Liebe Remix) - Moon Harbour
12. Thermal Bear - Don't Bear Touch It - Last Night On Earth
for more info visit
22 Digit x
Michael McLardy - 22 Digit Deep Tech House Podcast - Episode 002
Welcome to Episode 2 of the 22 DIGIT DEEP TECH HOUSE PODCAST series this month coming with tracks from forthcoming 22 Digit releases 'The Other Side Of Love EP' and Mr. Thruought's 'Change It'.
This month we have a guestmix from LeftWing Recordings head honcho Michael McLardy.
Originally from Sunderland and now based in Nottingham (UK), Michael McLardy has steadily been building his reputation as a solid and reliable name in deep and tech house circles. His throbbing, subby, dance floor grooves have appeared on labels including Baker Street, ALiVE, Back To You, Deep Edition, Save You, Deso and Pete Dafeet’s Southside Shuffle and have received support from the likes of Luciano, Richie Hawtin, Magda, Charles Webster, Jay Tripwire, Terry Francis, Ashley Beedle, Mark Farina, Dyed Soundorom, The Timewriter, Dubfire, Matthias Tanzmann and many more. His original work has seen the remix treatment from DJ W!LD, Moodymanc, Matthew Styles, Adam Shelton, JMX & many more.
As a record collector and DJ Michael plays regularly around Nottingham and across the UK, has recently secured a new residency at Clocked London and has appeared on line ups alongside established artists such as Jamie Jones, Onur Ozer, Valentino Kanzyani, Praslea, Livio & Roby, Simon Baker, Jay Shepheard, Steffi, Dave Congreve, Burnski, Bill Brewster + many more.
McLardy describes his style as “stripped back, deep, and anything with a solid groove,” with influences covering a wide spectrum of modern music such as the grooving house of Ricardo Villalobos, Luciano and Zip to the ambient and melodic soundscapes of Brian Eno, Boards of Canada and Ulrich Schnauss. Bands such as Radiohead, Telfon Tel Aviv and M83 are also choice listening.
2013 sees the launch of Michael's new Left Wing Recordings label alongside remix work for Milton Jackson & Jay Tripwire, as well as string of new original material on 12" and digital.
01. Michael McLardy - Strange Love (Vadim Svoboda Remix) [Flumo Records]
02. Ste Roberts - Week 8 (YouAndEwan Dub Remix) [Save You Records]
03. Dudley Strangeways - Backroom Dub [Unsigned]
04. Michael McLardy & Svetozar - A1 (Original Version) [Unsigned]
05. Anton Lanski - Mptnss [Highway Records]
06. Michael McLardy - Rising (Luminer Remix) [Left Wing Recordings]
07. Jay Tripwire - Sad & Beautiful World Edit [Save You Records]
08. Michael McLardy - As The Tide Comes [Left Wing Recordings]
09. Cesar Coranado - Crazy Position [Flumo Records]
10. PhaT GuyZ - Next To You [UM Records]
11. Volta Cab - Always In The Place (Session Victim Remix) [Whats In The Box]
12. Michael McLardy - Rising (Tom Sevinski Remix) [Left Wing Recordings]
FOR MORE INFO VISIT