Amy Chats with Sonya Chapnick who is a certified Yoga Therapist with more than three decades of training and experience. She is a member of the faculty for the Optimal State Yoga Therapy School and is the founder of YogaGently.com. Her unique combination of clinical training, studio teaching, and specialization in mental health, enhances her passion for creating a paradigm shift around aging: not viewing aging as a decline, but instead as a journey of empowered wellness. She has been featured in Healthy Aging online magazine, and the documentary “Yoga Therapy for Life.” Sonya specializes in sleep hygiene with a focus on creating and facilitating Yoga Nidra (guided meditations) as part of an individualized yoga program. They talk about Sonya’s journey with Insomnia, Sleep, Intentional rest, Sonya’s professional journey and back ground and much more.
They talk about the following:
· Sonya’s journey and background as a woman who is blind in the world of yoga/ yoga therapy
· Sonya’s experience with teaching and how difficult it has been
· How Sonya got started with Yoga Nidra and her personal story of healing
· The difference between Deep relaxation and Intentional rest
· Trauma informed approach to Yoga therapy and Optimal Nidra
· Types of seeds (bhavanas) that can be planted for someone in a relaxed state and how powerful these seeds can be for changing perceptionand belief structures
· Sonya’s experience with Insomnia after having her daughter
· Sonya’s personal style of Yoga Nidra called Optimal Nidra
· Sonya’s Upcoming program for training Optiman Nidra teachers
October/ November podcasts are sponsored by: International Association of Yoga Therapists
Foundations we support
We have all benefitted from the ancient wisdom of India and her people, so it feels really great to be able to serve in this way. The Optimal State family has pledged on-going support of $500 per month, to go directly to KYM Mitra (www.kym.org). We will collect the monies and gift them each month. Please consider a recurring monthly payment to the fund. Even a small gift or intention makes a difference! If we make more than $500 in any given month, it will roll into the following month’s payment. The hope is that we can contribute for many years to come. If you even lose the link to donate, it is at the top of the homepage at www.amywheeler.com also. I will be reporting on the website the progress; how much money is coming in at any given time and where we are in the process of getting this project off the ground.
Here is the link for you to get started with your donation. We are so happy that you have decided to join us. We thank you for the bottom of our hearts!
Link to click in the description:
To learn more out more about Sonya, her class offerings, and personalized sessions visit: https://www.yogagently.com/
Check out Amy's website http://www.amywheeler.com