Hear and learn 2 everyday English phrasal verbs that are used ALL THE TIME:
Phrasal Verb 1: Sit Around - to spend time in a place relaxing or having very little to do
* This weekend my girlfriend and I just sat around and watched movies.
* Why are you sitting around all the time? Don't you ever want to do anything?
Phrasal Verb 2: Come Up With - to think of an idea or solution
* John came up with an excellent idea in the company meeting.
* I can't come up with anything... We will have to do some more research to find a solution.
Everyday English Includes Phrasal Verbs
Sound more natural when you communicate in English by using phrasal verbs that are used in everyday English speaking. Each phrasal verb lesson is based on an English conversation recorded by native speakers. By using the conversation, you can easily learn the phrasal verb's meaning in context and think of other situations where it might be used.
If you would like to get access to the transcription for this podcast, more phrasal verb lessons, a Real English Conversation lesson, and more join us as a Free Member at our website to get started!
Take the first step to reach your fluency goals by joining us as a Free Member here
REC Premium Membership
Get access to all of our online courses, practice with us in our 'member only' WhatsApp Group, join conversation practice sessions and take your English to the next level. Help support REC by becoming a member and get access to awesome English lessons that will guide you toward your fluency goals. View Membership options.
Other Phrasal Verb Lessons:
Hear some other lessons from our podcasts
* Phrasal Verb Podcast 254: Walk Over, Get Back, Come Around
* Real English Conversations Podcast: Predicting the Future
* Phrasal Verb Lesson: Break Off
* Follow us on YouTube here