Arendt offers specialist advice, covering all legal, regulatory, taxation and advisory aspects of doing business in Luxembourg. We are driven by what our clients need and are committed to supporting their success. This has led to the formation of our Services, Regulatory and Consulting and Advisory businesses as well as comprehensive training support.
Webinar - Deepening trade relations between Japan and Europe - 22 October 2020
Japanese companies have been present in Europe for decades and are also long-term investors in Europe. What are the latest trends and experiences of Japanese companies in Luxembourg? In the context of Brexit, what are the main elements to consider when entering or investing in the European market? What role Luxembourg plays?
European companies are also very active in Japan. What are the challenges they face when setting up or making acquisitions in Japan?
During this webinar the audience discovered their strategy, the solutions they have found and their future prospects.
We had the pleasure of bringing together a panel of Japanese and European companies, FANUC Europe Corporation, Mizuho Trust & Banking (Luxembourg) and Talkwalker, which have successfully established themselves in the relevant markets, with both Japanese and Luxembourg legal advisers.
The Luxembourg embassy and Luxembourg trade and investment office (LTIO) in Tokyo kindly support this webinar and our Ambassador H.E. Pierre Ferring made us the honour of joining us.
- H.E. Pierre Ferring, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg to Japan
- Shinichi Tanzawa, President & CEO, FANUC Europe Corporation
- Katsunori Obata, Managing Director & CEO, Mizuho Trust & Banking (Luxembourg)
- Wojciech Nazarek, Head of Privacy, Legal Counsel, Talkwalker
- Yoshi Kizu, Partner, Nishimura & Asahi
- Laurent Schummer, Partner, Arendt & Medernach
- Stephane Karolczuk, Partner, Arendt & Medernach
#webinar #japan #luxembourg #law #investment #brexit #arendt
Webinar - UCITS: latest developments - 19 October 2020
Fiona de Watazzi and Géraldine Léonard, Counsels within our Investment Management practice guided the audience through the latest developments regarding UCITS.
The webinar covered in particular the following issues:
- ESMA Q&A - KIIDs
- ESMA guidelines - performance fees
- Latest CSSF positions - loans and securitized instruments
Discover our Investment Management expertise: http://bit.ly/ArendtInvest
#UCITS #Investment #Management #ESMA #KIIDS #CSSF #webinar #law #Luxembourg #arendt
Webinar - Transfer Pricing and Covid-19: Should Transfer Prices be Changed? - 14 October 2020
Our Senior Transfer Pricing Economist Danny Beeton and Alejandra Garcia Ruiz de Leon, Associate within our Transfer Pricing and Tax practice guided the audience through policy and documentation lessons from the courts for winning and avoiding disputes.
The webinar covered in particular the following issues:
- what could be the transfer pricing consequences of not supporting a loss-making related party?
- what could be the transfer pricing consequences of helping a related party in contravention of a transfer pricing agreement?
- what could be the transfer pricing risks of slimming down or closing a group company as part of a rationalization programme?
- which arguments have helped taxpayers?
- what are the implications for contemporaneous transfer pricing documentation?
The webinar focused on practical examples and answered questions from participants.
Discover our Tax expertise: http://bit.ly/ArendtTax
#tax #law #transferpricing #webinar #arendt #luxembourg
Webinar - L’actualité en droit du travail : quelles sont les nouveautés en matière de jurisprudence ? - 30 septembre 2020
Nos experts en droit du travail ont exposé lors de ce webinar les décisions de justice les plus récentes et ont analysé l’impact pratique de l’actualité jurisprudentielle sur la gestion des ressources humaines, notamment à la lumière du contexte sanitaire extraordinaire auquel nous faisons face.
- Louis Berns, Partner
- Philippe Schmit, Partner
- Louisa Silcox, Counsel
- Gaëlle Leclerc, Associate
- Kim Meis, Associate
- Elise Wojciechowski, Paralegal
Notre expertise Droit du Travail : http://bit.ly/ExpertiseEmploymentLaw
#droitdutravail #luxembourg #webinar #arendt
Webinar - Arendt NY Webinar Series - The ESG state of play in the EU and the US - 9 September 2020
The first webinar of the Arendt New York Webinars series took place on 9 September 2020.
A ESG panel of asset managers focused on new legal and regulatory framework in the EU re ESG disclosures and taxonomy and its impact on US based asset managers and promoters. The discussion was led by Isabelle Lebbe, ESG expert and Arendt Partner based in Luxembourg.
The panel was composed of:
- Nadia Bonnet, Counsel, Arendt & Medernach
- Laura Craft, SVP, Global Strategy & Investment ESG, Heitman
- Claudette Kraus, Head of Capital Markets and Chairperson of ESG Committee, CIFC Asset Management
- Maria Nathalia Millan, ESG Manager, Tikehau Capital
- Romina Reversi, ESG Debt Capital Markets, J.P. Morgan
Discover our ESG expertise: http://bit.ly/ESGexpertise
#webinar #arendt #ESG #Luxembourg #legal #regulatory #taxonomy
Arendt We Live #2 - Sortir de la crise : quelles solutions luxembourgeoises?
Face aux impacts de la pandémie mondiale, quelles mesures juridiques, économiques ou sociales le Luxembourg peut-il mettre en place pour sortir de la crise? Nos experts Laurent Schummer, Partner, Clara Mara-Marhuenda, Partner, Philippe Wery, CEO d'Arendt Business Advisory and Sasha Baillie, CEO Luxinnovation partagent leurs réflexions, ainsi que des perspectives concrètes et durables pour construire ensemble la relance du pays.
🎧 This live podcast was organised in collaboration with Paperjam and Paperjam Club!
Plus d'informations sur Arendt sur www.arendt.com
Avis d’utilisateursTout afficher
Great initiative from a great law firm!