How many times have you had an idea or suggestion and not actually spoken it out loud? How many times have you seen something wrong happening in your workplace but you have not told anyone about it? Did you know that you are having an impact whether or not you are speaking? What is the legacy that you want to leave as a leader?
Today, Deepa is joined with Zana Goic Petricevic, Founder of Bold Leadership Culture, to discuss how and why you need to be bold in your leadership. We are all leaders of our own lives, so why not be bold about it?
Key Points from the Episode:
- Boldness takes your soulfulness. In order to be bold, you have to engage your entire soul.
- There is a limit to your boldness that comes from your head.
- Reasonable and safe behaviors and decisions come from the brain. Unreasonable and risky behaviors and decisions come from the heart or soul, anywhere besides the brain.
- You have a choice to act more boldly and step outside of your comfort zone.
- Your discomfort matters less than your vision. This pushes you to act boldly.
- Zana shares a perspective to see how bold you are, based on SOUL - Self, Other, Universe, and Legacy.
- Leadership is as much about the “being” space as it is in the “doing” space. There needs to be moments of pause and presence as well as moments that challenge and grow us.
- There is no boldness without personal risk involved.
- Break out of the mindset that your work is solely a means for income.
- You cannot create legacy by staying small.
- You are creating an impact whether or not you speak up.
Silence is a misused privilege.
We hope you liked this episode! Let us know in the comments what part of the SOUL was most intriguing to you and your bold leadership.
About Zana Goic Petricevic
Zana is the Founder and Managing Director of Bold Leadership Culture. Our mission is to cultivate bolder individual and collective leadership in organizations through coaching, learning and development. Zana also holds many certifications and credentials that make her a sought after Leadership Coach, Executive Coach and Facilitator. Visit her website here.
Thanks for listening and stay cool! 😎
Visit the show website at (http://www.meetmypotential.com)
Follow me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/deepanatarajan/)