Phase One Habitat Survey Toolkit produces effective, JNCC extended phase 1 habitat surveys in the field. The toolkit provides high quality mapping, supplementary species information and facilities for additional note and photos to be taken. Information can be exported as text, image and shapefiles which are compatible with other GIS software. Save time in the office and focus on fieldwork.
For any subscription issues or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit bms.brookes.ac.uk/ceec/hp1toolkit/faqs
• Full offline capability including offline maps
• Automatic saving of surveys with robust data storage
• Choice of Satellite or Open Street Map base map provided by Mapbox (see www.mapbox.com)
• Create and edit polygons, lines and target notes with ease
• Automatic area, length and coordinate calculations for features
• Assign habitats from JNCC’s Phase 1 classification to features with the correct symbology
• Assign notes and keywords to features
• Take photos referenced to specific features
• Detailed species information, photographs and distribution maps for target species
• Assign species to features with DAFOR
• Export via file transfer (directly to Mac/PC), email, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
• Export survey record data, map image, map key, shapefiles (compatible with ArcGIS, QGIS etc.), photos
Phase One Habitat Survey Toolkit features:
• Store one survey at a time
• Five features per survey
• Save one map to use offline
• View detailed species information for over 30 priority UK species
Phase One Habitat Survey Toolkit Pro features (in-app subscription required):
• Store unlimited surveys
• Unlimited features per survey
• Save up to ten concurrent maps to use offline
• View detailed species information for over 900 priority UK species
N.B. A licence is required for for each user or for each device if that device is used by multiple users. Please see Apple's T&Cs for commercial usage: http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html.
Please note that not all UK areas have full hi-res satellite imagery coverage. Coverage is currently as shown at https://www.mapbox.com/mapbox-gl-js/example/satellite-map/
• iPhone X support
• Export updates
We've updated our exports to make them quicker and more reliable. For more details visit our support pages https://www.brookes.ac.uk/bms/specialist-services/ceec/phase-one-habitat-survey-toolkit/support/
Ratings and Reviews
Good and getting better
Quick for data capture in the field. Faithful transfer to QGIS. Useful app with good support. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.
App not what it used to be
I have used this app for a few years and have found it useful for a variety of ecological survey work (not just Phase 1 Habitat Survey), as it is very useful for having a high quality aerial photo and the ability to write target notes and link photos geographically in the field. Unfortunately since the end of 2018, the app has started to “hang” and reboot in the middle of drawing a polygon and as such has become extremely irritating and time consuming to use. It is not just my IPad as I know other users are having the same problem. I have emailed the developer via the contact link on the home screen but have received no response. I can no longer recommend this app and will not be renewing the subscription in due course.
How to raise downloads by 10 times?
service, daily installs can reach 3000+. Ping me at Skype& Whatsapp:+8615282351612 /Facebook:aso888. Every one can get a test promotion for 3 days now!
- Oxford Brookes Enterprises Ltd
- 68.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Oxford Brookes University
- In-App Purchases
- 10,000 Map Views £10.99
- 12 Month Pro Subscription £249.99
- 6 Month Pro Subscription £199.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.