Nick Ruddock is a busy guy! He is travelling all across the world providing coaching advice and coach education for gymnastics clubs and global federations. He is widely regarded as one of the leading coaches in his field but his journey is not a typical one.
In this episode we discuss...
- How he spent £8,000 on his initial coach education
- Why he thinks that coaches should own their own learning and stop waiting for the system to feed them
- Why coaches are magnetised to learning all the wrong things
- Why he thinks that the UK underachieves when it comes to talent development
- His views on talent transfer and how more coaches should let go of their ego and enable their athletes to progress
There is plenty to get stuck into here...