The third episode of Series 2 of the Comma Press Podcast, which this series is on the theme of FUTURES.
In this episode, Comma Publisher Ra Page is in conversation with contributors and academics about Comma's best-selling anthology, Palestine + 100: Stories from a century after the Nakba, the first ever collection of science fiction from Palestine. Guest in this episode are Palestinian author and journalist Rawan Yaghi, editor of the anthology and translator Basma Ghalayini, Barbara Dick who holds a doctorate from Durham University on Modern Arabic Science Fiction and Lancaster University's Lindsey Moore, who specialises in post-1948 literature of the Arab world within postcolonial studies.
1. 47SOUL – Gamar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yECo9LBojZo
2. The Second War of the Dog by Ibrahim Nasrallah https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/apr/25/ibrahim-nasrallah-wins-arabic-fiction-prize-novel-dystopian-extremists-second-war-of-the-dog
3. The Secret Lift of Saeed the Pessoptimist by Emile Habibi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Saeed:_The_Pessoptimist
4. Rhetorics of Belonging by Dr Anna Bernard https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctt5vjk1v
5. Larissa Sansour (Space Exodus) http://www.larissasansour.com/exodus.html
6. The Book of Disappearance by Ibtisam Azem https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20190612-the-book-of-disappearance/
7. Frankenstein in Baghdad by Ahmed Saadawi https://oneworld-publications.com/frankenstein-in-baghdad.html
8. Mustafa Mahmoud https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Mahmoud
9. Utopia by Ahmed Khaled Towfik https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/utopia-by-ahmed-khaled-towfik-6132395.html
10. Gaza Writes Back https://justworldbooks.com/books-by-title/gaza-writes-back/
11. The Book of Gaza (Comma Press) https://commapress.co.uk/books/the-book-of-gaza/
12. The Lord Arrived from the Spinach Field by Sabri Moussa
13. The 99 comic book series by Naif Al-Mutawa
Sponsored by STORGY. Supported by Arts Council England and Manchester Metropolitan University's Digital Labs. Produced and edited by Becca Parkinson.