Delighted to be talking to the fab Kim Hart Fotografie for today's episode. Kim is based in Holland, has won 7 Reportage Awards from us, and was just so lovely to talk to - she shares so much great advice and thoughts here. My eight year old daughter was listening to me working on this episode and she said 'wow, she's so inspiring!', and I totally agree. Stick with us today as Kim shares all about:
• life in the pandemic and home-schooling her girls,
• the story behind one of her specific Reportage Awards,
• her soft-spot for the elderly,
• why she's particularly drawn to black and white,
• how she came to be a wedding photographer,
• her first paid wedding,
• what success means to her,
• how she does her family photography,
• the specifics of her she mentors or coaches,
• the importance of conferences and meeting people,
• McDonald's ;)
• why she personally enters awards,
• her top tips for better documentary captures,
• advice for just starting out,
• a certain image that has had a particular impact on her,
• and much more...
There's also a full transcript at https://thisisreportage.com/podcast-episode-34-this-is-kim-hart-fotografie/, as well as examples of her work, link to her website, and the 'This is How' piece she wrote for us, too.
To join us at This is Reportage vist https://thisisreportage.com/ - we also have a brand-new addition to membership: Exclusive video content. These exclusive videos have been added at no extra cost to membership, and we currently have almost 16 hours of educational videos from the likes of Dominique Shaw of York Place Studios, Paul Rogers, Pedro Vilela, Tyler Wirken, David Scholes, Sanne De Block, The Framers, Kristian Leven, Simon Leclercq and more - with new videos added regularly. These world-class photographers share so many interesting bits of advice and tips, talking us through their images and Stories, revealing their thought processes, technical details, storytelling tips and much more. Browse our content at https://thisisreportage.com/wedding-photography-courses/ and become a member for instant access to these, as well as all our other benefits of membership.
Collection 16 of our Awards is currently open to submissions too; deadline is 23:59 BST on 24th July 2020.