So great to be talking to the fab Logan Westom for episode 40 of the This is Reportage Podcast today! Logan is one of the best wedding photographers in the USA, and has won an incredible 6 Story Awards from us, and 7 Reportage Awards too. He's also just won a Family Story Award on our brand new sister-site for documentary family photography, This is Reportage: Family.
Logan shares so much with us in the episode, including:
• music and concert photography (his first passion in photography),
• how Seattle was one of the first epidemic centres in America and its affect,
• the excitement of shooting again,
• his experience as a photojournalist,
• photographing a chicken-wing eating contest,
• how he got into weddings,
• Comedic and Dark Netflix recommendations,
• the story behind one of his specific Reportage Awards,
• his personal project documenting artists of all kinds,
• tips on Story Awards,
• shooting solo or with seconds,
• what success means to him,
• the reason he learned to ski,
• thinking about the future,
• working with his wife,
• tips on improving your documentary skills,
• and much more.
There's a full transcript at https://thisisreportage.com/podcast-episode-40-this-is-logan-westom/, as well as examples of his work and link to his website.
Interested in joining us? Find out all the benefits of membership and join us at https://thisisreportage.com
If you're also into documentary family photography, you may be interested in our new sister-site, This is Reportage: Family. Find out more and join us at https://thisisreportagefamily.com