Today's guest is João Dias - developer behind legendary Android automation app Tasker.
In this episode we discuss:
• Why he started developing apps
• Quitting his job to earn a living as a full time independent developer
• App monetization models
• Deciding which features to build
• The mess that is the Android permissions system
• Working around OS restrictions
• Dealing with negative reviews
• Advice to aspiring developers on marketing their apps
• and much much more!
🌎 Connect with João
You can find João on Twitter @joaomgcd, on Patreon here & on his website @ joaoapps.com.
🔎 Resources discussed in the show
• ReadItToMe (my app)
🤙🏽 Get in touch
You can find your host, Rob J, on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & at robj.me.
You can also connect with like minded listeners on the community Slack.
💛 Leave a review
If you're enjoying the show & want to support us head over to Apple Podcasts or Podchaser & leave us a review!
You can find the show notes for this episode here.
Maccary Bay by Kevin MacLeod