Humor, storytelling, and 14 ways to get more bookings. In this episode of World of Speakers, our host Ryan Foland talks to Ty Bennett, the founder of Leadership Inc., a speaking and training company, and writer of four best-selling books on leadership. Ty gives roughly a hundred talks a year, and was one of the youngest speakers ever to receive the CSP Designation from the National Association of Speakers – less than 5% of the world’s speakers earn this honor.
Ryan and Ty explore key topics like how to use humor and storytelling to connect with audiences. Ty offers a lot of great advice on how to market yourself as a speaker, and explains the 14 things he does to make sure his booking calendar stays brimming.
Listen to this podcast to find out:
1. The 14 things Ty does to get more bookings (he gets booked roughly 100x a year)
2. The importance of humor and how to use it on stage
3. How to use the “struggle to solution” storytelling model to help your audiences.
4. The long-game of getting booked, and why repeat bookings are essential.
5. Why, as a speaker, you need to be making the most of video and podcasts to market your ideas and build your brand.