Cultivating a powerful voice. Ryan Foland speaks with Arthur Samuel Joseph, the founder and chairman of the Vocal Awareness Institute. Arthur is widely-recognized as one of the world’s foremost communication strategists and authorities on the human voice. He teaches communication mastery through a disciplined regimen of highly-specific techniques designed to cultivate an embodied and enhanced leadership presence, as well as personal presence, through body language techniques, vocal warm-ups, and storytelling skills.
Ryan and Arthur discuss how speakers can be their most authentic selves on stage, how to increase their credibility, and how to make an impact on audiences through their most powerful tool — their voice.
Listen to this podcast to find out:
1. Why you need to stop thinking about your talk as a presentation, and start thinking of it as a performance.
2. How to center yourself and your breath to access your most powerful voice.
3. Why it is essential to use pauses to create space in your speech for maximum effectiveness.
4. What “Vocal Awareness” is and how to cultivate it.
5. A simple and powerful exercise that will help you speak with authenticity and resonance.
In the interview, Arthur mentions resources available to World of Speakers listeners. You can find those resources at https://vocalawareness.com/world/