Deepening your Bible study.
#25: Kingship in the OT: The Prophetic Hope
Though the “kingdom experiment” in the OT appears to end in failure, hope remains in the prophets and psalms. This is the final episode in a series on kingship in the OT.
#24: 10 Books We Recommend for 2018
As 2018 comes to an end, we discuss our favourite reads this year.
* The Unseen Realm / Supernatural by Michael Heiser (Lindsay’s review )
* Honoring the Son by Larry Hurtado (Randy’s review)
* Angels by Michael Heiser (Randy’s review)
* The Structure of Romans by Paul Fowler (Randy’s review)
* Honor, Patronage, Kinship & Purity by David DeSilva
* The Divine Christ by David Capes (Lindsay’s review)
* The Biblical Cosmos by Robin Parry
* Reading Ephesians and Colossians After Supersessionism by Lionel Windsor
* Learning Biblical Hebrew by Karl Kutz and Rebecca Josberger
* The Way of Life by Toby Janicki
As promised in the episode, here’s a few more from 2017/2018:
* Adam as Israel by Seth Postell (Lindsay’s review)
* A Jew to the Jews by David Rudolph (Lindsay’s review)
* The Meaning of the Pentateuch by John Sailhamer
* Paul’s Letter Collection by David Trobisch
* Destroyer of the Gods by Larry Hurtado
* Paul and First-Century Letter Writing by E. Randolph Richards (Randy’s review)
* The New Testament World by Bruce J. Malina
* Family Portraits: Character Studies in 1 and 2 Samuel by Randy McCracken (podcast episode, Lindsay’s review)
* Walking From East to West by Ravi Zacharias
* a href="https://amzn.
#23: Kingship in the OT: The Southern Kingdom of Judah
The Southern Kingdom of Judah, though having a slightly better track record than Israel in the north with several righteous kings, also ends in exile. This is the fourth episode in a series on kingship in the OT.
The Jehoash Inscription at biblestudywithrandy
The Toilet at Lachish at biblestudywithrandy
For more info on the Lachish Ostraca click on the link here
For further study, a good resource we recommend is the commentary on 1&2 Kings by Peter Leithart
Available at Amazon USA / UK
#22: Kingship in the OT: The Northern Kingdom of Israel
The story of the Northern Kingdom of Israel is a tragedy with fractured dynasties, spiritual and moral apostasy, and exile. This is the third episode in a series on kingship in the OT.
Available at Amazon USA / UK
#21: Kingship in the OT: The United Monarchy
Did you know that only three kings ruled a united Israel? We discuss Saul, David, and Solomon. This episode is the second in a series on kingship in the OT.
For additional insights on the rule of King Saul check out the following links:
Saul and Eli: Similarities of Rejected Leaders
What King Saul’s Story Can Teach America
For additional insights on King David check out the following links:
Is King David a New Adam?
Where is King David’s Tomb?
For more on 1&2 Samuel purchase Randy’s book at WestBow Press, Amazon USA/UK, or Barnes & Noble
#20: Kingship in the OT: The Big Picture
We know about King David and other kings of the Bible. But did you know that you were created to be royalty? This episode is the first in a series on kingship in the OT.
T. Desmond Alexander’s book From Eden to the New Jerusalem is an excellent resource for some of the ideas discussed in this episode.