For new developers or those interested in the technology behind Cardano's Proof-Of-Stake blockchain technology and the ecosystem emerging around it.
Cardano community updates and news, Charles Goguen updates, Cardano System Glossary - A-Z of Cardano . . .
* Show Notes;
* Stakepool I delegate to is [was] 4ADA https://adapools.org/pool/a631b46315b1567ef0ce2b2ad4cb63faac09f32ceba6716a7e331e5e* In this episode of Slot Leader we discuss the role of the Cardano Foundation in the future of Cardano protocol. The CEO of the Cardano Foundation, Frederik Gregaard, shares his views.
* Episode 8: The Cardano Foundation, with Frederik Gregaard | starts at 11:05 -
* Goguen rollout development update - 12 November 2020
* Welcome to the first in our new series of Goguen rollout development updates with project managers Dimitris and Volodymyr. Every two weeks we complete a sprint. So - every two weeks - will be bringing you the latest updates on Cardano development, as we roll out new Goguen features and functionalities. Metadata to token locking, native assets to ERC20 converters, Dapps, smart contracts and more. So expect to hear a lot more from us in the coming weeks and months!
Your Cardano Update - Fred Gregaard
* Charles Hoskinson - Brief Comments On Goguen
* On December 6 we'll be making adjustments to the k-parameter in Cardano. Here’s why - https://iohk.io/en/blog/posts/2020/11/05/parameters-and-decentralization-the-way-ahead/
* Cardano Glossary - https://docs.cardano.org/en/latest/explore-cardano/glossary.html
ADA Tip Jar
Energy efficiency with Cardano, Project Catalyst, Cardano mission statements, core documents and design rationale . . .
* Show Notes;* Emurgo / Yoroi - 50,000 active users - https://cryptogazette.com/cardano-news-emurgos-yoroi-wallet-chrome-extension-passes-50000-active-users/* Cardano vs Bitcoin - An Energy Consumption Comparison - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCAvdSBj710&feature=emb_logo* Hashoshi - Cardano Goguen, BTC, Chainlink, and more! // Crypto Over Coffee ep.38 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swiGLHoamMA&t=633s* Kaizen Crypto - Cardano's Conception, Binance Staking, Voltaire, ADA Price Analysis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV_S23Paq7E* Kaizen Crypto - https://cardano.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Kaizen-Crypto-Cardano-Podcast/322624-48088* Laura Shin - https://unchainedpodcast.com/* Blockchain Dot Com - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-blockchain-com-podcast/id1536699961* Coin Market Cap - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/* Cardano Documents - Design Rationale - https://docs.cardano.org/en/latest/explore-cardano/design-rationale.html* Explore Cardano Network - https://docs.cardano.org/en/latest/explore-cardano/cardano-network.html
* Send me ADA! * addr1qxt0m4e825tgy90la4wq6dvj90ardpz7lsvsdq9kk3aalg2yqpyp0kl3eez0rupaspjs86r5584luw3ua0s6se6vlxfqx4gdv2
Smart contracts on Cardano, Marlowe playground, ADA factoids, EUTXOma whitepaper, more Dr. Philip Wadler, Haskell . . .
* Show Notes:
* New PDF Introducing Marlowe to new developers called 'Smart Contracts on Cardano' - https://mcusercontent.com/029ad5325e79f00d370070a72/files/186d8769-0a01-4bdc-8bd2-cbb3dca6d912/Final_Marlowe_OneSheet.pdf* Marlowe Playground portal - https://alpha.marlowe.iohkdev.io/#/* ADA factoids
* 1 ADA = 1,000,000 Lovelaces* 1 Lovelace = 1/1,000,000 Ada* Ada has six decimal places.* 1.000000 = 1 Ada* 0.000001 = 1 Lovelace
* Bitcoin UTXO - from 'Learn Me A Bitcoin' - https://learnmeabitcoin.com/technical/utxo
* Native Custom Tokens in the Extended UTXO Model - Whitepaper - https://iohk.io/en/research/library/papers/native-custom-tokens-in-the-extended-utxo-model/
* Philip Wadler Interview | IOHK PlutusFest 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REt32COgF28
* HASKELL IS QUICK AND RELIABLE.* PLUTUS is a Turing Complete language utilising Haskell, and a Haskell library, and more power than you need for many applications.
* MARLOWE is a DSL beneath this, and written for Smart Contract development.
* On ‘Functional Programming’ - ‘the more we look into it the more powerful it seems to be’ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REt32COgF28&feature=emb_logo
* On 11th December 2018, IOHK hosted a public day of presentations and debate with IOHK’s scientists and engineers about Plutus, the programming platform for smart contracts on the Cardano blockchain and Marlowe, the simple smart contracts language for financiers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSpFOADHLqw* The sessions during the event introduced Marlowe, the financial smart contracts language designed to be used by financiers; the Plutus Playground for testing code; and Meadow, a web-based tool that helps create and test Marlowe smart contracts.
* In this video, IOHK Senior Research Fellow Philip Wadler talked about the significance of Plutus, and its potential for the blockchain community. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REt32COgF28
* Get ready for smart contracts on Cardano, the third-generation blockchain and cryptocurrency. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GodrpSEsIp0
Send me ADA!
Cardano Foundry Episode 002
More about flywheels, Alex Mashinsky, Defi, 'One network: many chains', Blockstack, ID systems, dr Ben Goertzel, AtariCoin . .
* Celsius Fly-wheel and incoming Inflection point! [Alex Mashinsky and the CEL token] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2PvnuJEZ0* Celsius Network - https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/Kieran6901* IOHK | Prof. Philip Wadler, area leader, programming languages. YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofN8ui2oH8Y* In full & uncut! IOHK's Charles Hoskinson speaks to Ben Goertzel of SingularityNET - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3O5F_CCT8c* SingularityNET collaborates with IOHK to Explore Cardano/AGI Synergies - Ibby Benali - https://blog.singularitynet.io/singularitynet-collaborates-with-iohk-to-explore-cardano-agi-synergies-8bd1570ffab2* SingularityNET project, Dr Ben Goertzel - AI News - https://artificialintelligence-news.com/2020/10/01/full-stack-ai-solution-singularitynet-ethereum-cardano/* “Current speed and cost issues with the Ethereum blockchain have increased the urgency of exploring alternatives for SingluarityNET’s blockchain underpinning,” says Goertzel. “The ambitious Ethereum 2.0 design holds promise but the timing of rollout of different aspects of this next-generation Ethereum remains unclear, along with many of the practical particulars.“* Blockstack - https://www.blockstack.org/* Blockstack Auth System - https://docs.blockstack.org/authentication/overview* Andreas Antonopoulos: One Network, Many Chains | Blockstack Summit 2019 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Segxvh5He2I* Larry Salibra of Blockstack: "Blockstack Authentication & Identity" | Blockstack Berlin 2018 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXx2a9HeSO4
* Other shows about Cardano;* Your Cardano Update (podcast) - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/your-cardano-update/id1528858998* The Cardano Effect (podcast) - https://thecardanoeffect.libsyn.com/* Cardano Sense - YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5_qgztXQrsL7eaNJflEmDA
What attracted me to Cardano . . how I got into cryptocurrencies and then the tech behind them . libertarian type interest in ‘money’ . .‘human energy’ . . my article in Cardano Journal . . .
* Show Notes:
* My other site - SimpaticoCrypto - https://www.simpaticocrypto.com/
* Rationality of stable states in terms of 'pool' logic . . . harnessed to provide network stability & balance. Working well in practice so far.
* Network parameters and Cardano / Stakepools - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl0RMSL4alI
* NFTs, ICOs & More – Cardano’s Future Proof Blockchain Tech
* My article in Cardano Journal - https://cardanojournal.com/nfts-on-cardano-future-proof-blockchain-106
* Send Me ADA!