Hosted by Emma Isaacs, this creative show is filled with inspiring interviews with successful creatives who have followed that feeling. This show looks at how to design a life that’s truly fulfilling, giving the world what you have been gifted and getting paid doing what you love every day!
Take us to the Woods! This week I discuss the true importance of Trees and Woodlands in healing and songwriting with artist - Lisa Murdock
Singer-songwriter and Sound bath healer Lisa Murdoch, uses her pain as her big message through her breathtakingly impactful songs.
Lisa left her place at a highly sought-after music degree at Manchester university after feeling unaligned and generally out of saughts, then covid hit and before long her anxiety got worse, to the point she would no longer leave her house.
Going through this painfully dark season would break most, but Lisa kept searching, learning, partying and surrounding she started to take night-time walks in the woods, and this is where her music came to her once again.
Only this time so much had changed. Lisa has stepped into an unapologetic badass of the woods who loves to turn heads with her art. Lisa’s energy I found like Kate Bush and Bork – sweet pure but make no mistake completely ahead of us all.
I can’t wait to see Lisa take over the charts with her gifts!
1. Follow zero people on your Instagram - you get to decide you you’re exposed too
2. Surround yourself with different perspectives.
3. Spiritual awakenings aren’t easy
4. Call your ‘breakdown a transformation but that’s what it truly is
5. Getting quiet and going within is quite normal as there is a lot to process
6. Any shift like a breakdown, or anxiety to not leave the house can make us go into blame but that’s the ego brain keeping us small, we have to be selfish at that point as it takes up all of the head space and we might not have articulated it.
7. Look at your ancestral roots it might be the connection and feeling of belonging you need for the permission of what you’re naturally drawn to
8. Even though we are proud of our roots and authenticity, growing up but growing up we need to see people who reflect us. As it’s in our survival makeup
9. Get to the woods Trees have so much for the senses not just visual either
10. A message from the heart goes straight through the heart
11. Words have power – we fear the word witch why aren’t they afraid of the men who drowned the witches?
What it really takes to follow the bread crumbs into Surface Pattern design - Cass Deller
We are super excited this week to talk about all things Surface Pattern with Australia's finest watercolour artist, surface pattern course creator and creative mentor.
And if that's not enough Cass talks about the importance of getting quiet and allowing your unique creative style to come through you. This process she believes is a highly spiritual, creative flow state is only entered when we allow for the space.
This of course doesn't just happen, there is lots of mess in between the day job before the pivot. We talk about the huge gap between being a student again and allowing yourself to learn and building the runway before you jump ship.
You're going to love this talk (hashtag just saying)
1. Look at what you absolutely love first, what makes you not look at your phone, what can you talk about all day? Follow that passion– the business will come after.
2. You don’t have to jump ship, build your runway first.
3. The pivot is a huge change for you and your family, remember this when you’re feeling all of the fear, it’s all possible, but you have to respect it takes time.
4. Don’t put all of the ownership to pay your bills with this new creative venture. Try to have an income stream that’s low maintenance on your head space, to leave room for ‘the playfulness and curiosity energy of your new venture.
5. Look at evergreens you could launch for your business that’s not a direct equal swap for your time and money.
6. Your work holds energy, and we can feel that even online. Play and design before you read your emails.
7. We are consuming so much information, be mindful about what distractions you have without noticing i.e. scrolling, the news.
8. Practice being by yourself we need to get quiet to listen
9. Following the breadcrumbs takes trust, listen to your inner knowing nobody knows 100% if it’s going to work, but if you know and start your day armed with your ‘Why’ you will naturally seek the right opportunities.
10. Get clear on what it is you want to change, meditate, journal, and shout it out into your mirror, you get to decide and change through manifesting, but being intentional takes daily reminders to yourself. Your inner knowing is spiritual which is creativity too but you need to get quiet to hear her and your intuition.
11. Your mindset controls EVERYTHING. You’re the director of your whole life.
12. Being ‘too sensitive’ is a superpower for your creativity. You will only birth your signature style if you’re listening to what wants to come through you.
Grab your place at our next and last 2023 creative retreat
Labour and Parenting book
Birthing Skills by Juju Sundin
The Importance of Connection within our Community's through a trauma aware lens - Joe Russio
Joe Russo is a successful entrepreneur who has a great ability to make things happen and find ways around problems. He is passionate about making a difference and it is of the utmost importance that Joe leaves his mark with whoever he works with and whatever area he works in. Due to Joe's cultural background and the barriers, he faced as a youngster due to having severe dyslexia, he has perfected the art of creating human connections that bring about change and success.
'I'm especially passionate about bringing out the best from a lost cause. Many people in society are marginalised because of their background or, like me, are dyslexic. However, there is always hope and with the right help, support and creative thinking, change happens.'
Joe offers support to businesses in areas such as creating connections, dyslexia awareness and developing a successful culture.
He is currently working all over the country, working with huge initiatives such as Oasis UK and Lewis Hamilton’s Mission 44.
1. It’s the systems that try to pack us into groups – we are all different and so should we be.
2. What would the world look like, if every child was treated with kindness and compassion?
3. Trauma passes down 5 generations If left alone unworked.
4. If we all took the time to read about Trauma and act through this lens, would this be enough to shift mindsets?
5. Children are individual humans, they don’t need to be caught up in old systems that aren’t serving our communities.
6. We all need human connection.
7. Remember, junk food industries spend lots of money on studies to make sure no human connection means unhealthier unsociable choices.
8. Exclusion Is abusive
9. What’s your mission? Go back and check to see if your purpose and values are still aligned with your daily actions.
Joe Russo TED X Talk
Circadian wellness - https://www.sarahkleinerwellness.com
Joe Dispenser - https://drjoedispenza.com
How to Develop your Strategy (to actually make money) with Sophie Greenwood
Sophie Greenwood is the owner of Ink & Bear, a small business mentor and the founder of Super Seconds Festival. Six years ago Sophie started her business selling screen prints as a release from her high pressured job - she's now running Ink & Bear full time delivering creative workshops in Yorkshire and offering small business mentoring through her Creative Incubator service. She also brings together a community of makers twice a year to sell their seconds, samples and end of line stock.
Artists mentioned :
The Truth about Manifesting Big Time - Daniel Col'on
Daniel says 'the solution is as simple as the sun. How can you see the sun when your vision is clouded by fear, by doubt? and even though we know these clouds pass, we trudge and move through the haze, alternating somewhere between surrender and self-sabotage, until we catch a little glimmer of the sun. We are no different to this Sun, we rise we set even when it's clouded, we should trust this, it's been there the whole time.'
Artist Daniel of 'This is Color me Crazy' is an extremely talented creator and a very funny spiritual guy who takes his precious life and being aligned so seriously, he left his life in New York to back to his homeland Porta Rico and now runs daily mediation meetups and he has the most amazing in retreat in Costa Rica coming up in March 2023!
The old way of creating and doing business is old news – words don’t teach, experience does Make your life. The movie you want to have and see You don’t need great resources, you can create just with your phone All you need is you and your passion – that’s more powerful than millions who don’t have this energy. Passion is infectious Feeling abundant is not about being super rich 6. If you fail at something, try something else
7. Well come here wanting something, when the light is outs it’s probably because you don’t have that purpose
8. The truest conversation you will always have with yourself is the delta brain waves are – the subconscious rewire programming that happens when we are in between a dream and an awake mindset
Sitting and enjoying the quiet is a calm powerful feeling you’ve set first for yourself If you’re worried about something its either from your past or your future and it's just not needed or helpful Look at breath work it’s everything Meditating should be easy, go on YouTube for meditating sounds and follow your breath Get out of your head and into your body We aren’t ever going to fix our family or anyone We don’t need to talk about the past and wear it as a heavy suit, talking about how bad we have had it The universe only understands energy and vibration not words Waiting for others to fix themselves is a fast route to being hurt and let down. Spend time fixing yourself A deliberate creator means We are programming all of the time, we can reprogram our body when we dance and have fun, we create more joy, its not about the looking good, its always about the feeling Links
Costa Rico Retreat
Black Friday deals -Work with Emma Isaacs
Turning your Dream Fabrics into a Huge Success through lockdown (2.5 years on)- Whimsy Kaleidoscope's creator Sheree
Back to tell us just how much Sheree’s life has changed since launching her surface pattern business Whimsy Kaleidoscope, despite being in the world’s longest lockdown in Melbourne Australia and having a not just day job but a full-time career.
So many of you loved Sheree’s brand and story I thought I would ask her back and boy has she followed those breadcrumbs to design a life that’s filled with sell-out new collections, licensing and collaborations with successful brands.
Sheree talks about how vital it was for her to keep this as her side hustle at first, and now? Well, it looks like she’s swapped the balance on its head!
Whimsy Kaleidoscope is Sheree's 80% focus each week now!
Listen in to find out how Sheree works with brands, new products and fabric launches.
1. Your energy shows in your business, look after it and keep it aligned.
2. Your mindset and energy used for launching is different to your designs
3. There’s a different mindset with marketing and creating, honour both separately
4. Multi-tasking doesn’t work! Move the needle forward by giving one task your full
5. The mediate state from sewing and knitting for fun is vital for mental health
6. Get great at what you love. You can double down on many online classes such as skillshare
7. Big brands are always looking for small brands – so keep posting on linked in and Socials
Only just discovered podcasts and I’m absolutely blown away by Emma’s inspiring and warm approach in sharing experiences of the creative art world and touching a little on every day life. Great interviews with some truly wonderful people.
Such an inspiring podcast for any creative!
I love Emma she is my "people” if you are ever in need of a little Inso or a pick me up then you have come to the right place :)
I found this podcast whilst researching info for my daughter and I am hooked!
This podcast is not just about being creative, if you enjoy deep conversations about all sorts of things, then you will enjoy it! Always feel happy after listening to Emma and the numerous guests she has on the show.