Dreamers and Doers is a podcast for entrepreneurs and business owners who dream big and get stuff done.
Are you a freelancer, side-hustler, 9-5 runaway, stick it to the man-er, self-employed novice, compulsive start-up tycoon or creative entrepreneurial spirit?
Then subscribe to keep up to date with the latest inspiring business stories, no nonsense advice from successful start ups and veteran business owners, as well as PR and marketing tips that will help you unlock exciting business opportunities from host Claire Gamble - MD Unhooked Communications and founder PR Unlocked - and a range of inspiring guests.
Join the Dreamers and Doers to take control of your own career destiny and shape the life and business you want.
How to name your business - branding and marketing ideas
Have you ever wondered how or where people came up with the name for their business? Are you stuck for ideas on what to call your own business? Here we talk to several different business owners and entrepreneurs who explain how they named their business, what their business name means and what they considered when thinking about their brand. Some great business inspiration to help you come up with your own business name for your freelance or self-employed career and business.
Influencer marketing fraud and ethics with Nik Speller
In this episode I talk to Nik Speller, head of campaigns at influencer marketing agency Influencer.
We talk about:
- Why effective influencer marketing campaigns are as much about creativity as they are numbers
- Issues around social media fraud
- What PRs, marketers and brands can do to practice due diligence
- Rules and regulations around influencer marketing
- Measuring the impact and success of digital marketing
- What the future holds for influencer marketing
Sailing away on a self-employed adventure with Sea Wolf Digital
In this episode you’ll hear from Elena and Ryan – a couple who live and work together on a boat.
They both freelance, offering content marketing and web development through their business Sea Wolf Digital, while sailing around Europe.
- How they went from full-time employment on dry land to freelancing at sea
- The practicalities of living and working on a boat
- The realities of living a digital nomad lifestyle
- Advice for other self-employed people who want to travel and wor
Creative entrepreneurs with Sara Tasker
In this episode you’ll hear an interview from Sara Tasker, the photographer, writer and creative coach from Me & Orla and the Hashtag Authentic podcast. The interview was recorded live at the Creatives Unhooked event held in Manchester in April 2018.
We talk about:
• Creating content and building audiences on Instagram
• Social media algorithms vs creativity
• Mindset around money and success
• Breaking traditional business rules
• Influencer marketing
• Building a creative busi
Going self-employed and diversifying with Kate Toon
In this episode, I speak to Kate Toon, queen of SEO and all-round wonderful misfit entrepreneur.
We talk about:
- Ditching the 9-5 and going self-employed
- Diversifying when you’re a service-based business
- The truth about ‘passive’ income and running a successful eCourse
- Saying yes and no to the right sort of opportunities
- Following your interests and passions vs planning and profits
- Content marketing
- The importance of taking time out
- Dealing with copycats
Customer ReviewsSee All
Loved listening to this
So many useful tips and felt pretty unmotivated today but listening to this has really given me some inspiration!
Dreamers & Doers Claire Gamble
A great piece Claire