In this episode I speak to Alex Williams, a Registered Associate Nutritionist and Founder of Weight Inclusive Training for Healthcare Professionals. In this episode we discuss:
- Alex’s relationship with food throughout school and university, her experience with ‘pseudo-dieting’ and how she’s found food freedom
- How diet culture is ingrained in our culture and the pressure young women feel to fit in
- Her journey to becoming a weight-inclusive nutritionist
- Why all healthcare professionals should be weight-inclusive
- The government's plan to introduce calorie labelling on menus in restaurants and the potential impact for people with eating disorders
Connect with Rachel.
Dr Rachel Evans is a psychologist, hypnotherapist and eating disorder survivor. She brings together academic knowledge and theories, therapeutic skills and personal experience for a unique perspective on eating disorder recovery. Rachel helps ambitious women to stop restricting, bingeing and purging and to feel comfortable in their body.
Connect with Alex:
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/rachel-evans8/support