Episode 121 – Richard Hill
Adam interviews this week’s guest, Richard Hill.
This week’s ‘Hypnosis in the News’ section is replaced by Adam talking about the high volume of fake gurus the field of hypnotherapy boasts and what to do about them.
This week’s discussion with guest Richard Hill discusses his work using a process of ‘Mirroring Hands’ as learned during his apprenticeship with Ernest Rossi, who in turn had worked closely with Milton Erickson.
The Factoid of the week features a study examining the application of hypnosis for reducing postoperative pain in patients who had a rhinoplasty (nose job).
References from this week’s episode:
This Weeks Guest Links:
* The Website of Richard Hill.
* Richard Hill Mirroring Hands.
* The Science of Psychotherapy.
* Video: Hypnotherapy Gurus – How to Spot the Fake Leaders and What to do About It.
Factoid of the Week:
* The Effect of Hypnosis on Intraoperative Hemorrhage and Postoperative Pain in Rhinoplasty.