Jonathan is an actor and he played Jesus on the amazing series, The Chosen. As a huge fan of the series, I was very excited to be able to talk with him. Please share this with a friend!
In this episode we discuss:
- How and why Jonathan started acting
- His favorite movies and some of his favorite voice work that he's done
- How he was chosen for the role of Jesus
- How he balances the weight and the emotion of acting in such an important role
- Actors who have played Jesus before that made an impact on him
- The tension between staying true to the Bible while also allowing for interpretation to be able to complete the vision for The Chosen
- The significance to Jesus' words based on the context of where He was living and the culture of the time
- Parallels with the disciples following Jesus and us today choosing to follow Him
- How we, as Christians, can make a difference in today's culture
- Season 2! I ask Jonathan what he is most looking forward to...
- Jonathan talks about the purpose of the Hallow app that he is featured on (see link below)
If you liked this episode and podcast, please leave a 5-star review in Apple iTunes, it would mean the world to me!