This week's guest is Rosana de Oliveira Gomes, Lead Machine Learning Engineer at Omdena. Omdena is a global platform bridging mission-driven organizations with AI engineers, data scientists, and experts from diverse backgrounds to solve real-world problems.
Rosana started her career as an Astrophysicist but is now transitioning into Artificial Intelligence for social good, applying her knowledge into the nonprofit and humanitarian sector, on projects including AI for cyclone response and preventing online violence against children.
Topics explored included:
* What does AI for social impact mean to you?
* What are some of the most urgent social challenges faced by humanity that AI can help tackle?
* Can you share more about your story on transitioning from Astrophysics into the AI for social good space?
* What skills can be transferred from academia into the field of AI?
* What are the key challenges you have come across when practising AI for social good?
* How can enterprises and companies best engage in AI for social good?
* How do you think COVID-19 has impacted the AI for good space?
* What advice would you give to someone looking to change their career?
* What are your thoughts on the challenges faced by women as AI practitioners?
Read the transcript here.
Explore hours of AI for Good content on our AI Library.
You can connect with Rosana via LinkedIn.