We make thousands of decisions daily, but how do you make the "right" ones? What if we could avoid some bad decisions by having a better understanding of God’s outline for our life?
Some negative consequences from decision making are unavoidable, but the Bible gives us a game plan for our life and a road map which we can follow.
Whether you make perfect decisions every time (if so I’d like to meet you) or you fail miserably at decision making, whether you are a Christian or want to learn more about God, this show is for YOU! This podcast will focus on learning lessons from the Bible that we can apply to our life as well as learning from amazing Christian guests. We will discuss how we learned from our failures and celebrate our victories. You will gain a better understanding of discernment which will help you make better daily decisions and deepen your walk with Jesus Christ.
Episode 22: Ken Harrison // Rise of Servant Kings
Ken Harrison is the president and chairman of Promise Keepers, he has a new book called Rise of the Servant Kings. He has worked in business and law enforcement. Ken's ministry focuses on men, but both men and women will find value in this episode. Please share with a friend.
On this episode we discuss:
- Why there's division in the church
- The difference between shepherding doctrine of your church vs. dividing with other churches
- Standing up for truth
- Stories from being a police officer in Compton, CA
- Showing love and grace vs. always giving people what they deserve
- The history and vision of Promise Keepers
- How the church needs to be relevant to men today
- The importance of connection and accountability
- Discernent as a multiple choice test
- For men- how to move forward even if you've failed in your past
Episode 21: Billy Hallowell // Discernment in Entertainment Media
Billy Hallowell is a journalist, commentator and digital TV host and has covered thousands of the biggest faith and culture stories. He's written more than 12,000 articles on faith, culture and politics, has interviewed hundreds of celebrities, authors and influencers and is the author of three books. On this episode we discuss:
- Why we should prepare the younger generation to address their doubts
- The desensitization that happens with the consumption of media
- Personal conviction and growth over time as Christians
- Time management and entertainment
- Discernment in striving in career and priorities
- Self worth vs finding our identity in Christ
- How the journalistic method can be applied to finding answers to questions as Christians
- Why we are created a disconnected, connected social media generation
- The danger of comparison
- Playing with Fire book- identifying counterfeits and spiritual warfare
Episode 20: Isaac David // Daily Disciple
Isaac David is a Christian influencer, author, and has a ministry called Daily Disciple where he provides videos to encourage and equip Christians. We discuss multiple topics today including:
- Discernment in posting on social media
- His book- A Letter to my Father
- The frequent gap between father and son relationships
- The important of the presence of parents
- How mother's can help encourage the process of father's relationship with his kids
- Parenting children spiritually and helping children work out their faith
- Surrounding your children in positive and healthy relationships
- Social media and debates breed discontentment
- Daily disciple- how to grow in the Lord and how to disciple new Christians
Quote of the episode: "The stern eyes of judgment never coax a prodigal home."
Episode 19: Andrew Carter // Discipline and Consistency
Andrew Carter is a fitness coach and Christian influencer. He has a large following on Instagram and TikTok, sharing the Gospel of Jesus.
On the show today we discuss:
- Conviction and discernment with sin
- Andrew shares his "Jonah moment" and how that changed his life
- The importance of surrender in order to find God's calling
- How prophetic words can serve as motivation during the hardest moments of our life
- Using social media to build God's kingdom and not ours
- Spiritual baby food vs solid meat
- Discernment against lust and other sins
- The importance of keeping our eyes on Jesus
- Commitment- discipline and consistency
Be sure to check out all the links below for ways to connect with both of us
Episode 18: Paul Louis Cole // Identity, Purpose, and Belonging
As global President of the highly regarded Christian Men’s Network, Paul is a man driven with a global mission for the transformation of men and nations. His passion is to build strong men who lead their families, serve their community and live life to the fullest. Paul is the son of Dr. Edwin Louis Cole, the founder of the Christian Men’s Network and considered the “father of the Christian Men’s movement.
Just a note- this podcast is not just for men but we will talk a lot about men in this episode so I would encourage you to share this with the men in your life and I know that both men and women will be blessed by this conversation.
In this episode we discuss:
- How discipling men builds the family and the church
- The purpose of the Christian Mens Network
- How to live on the mountain and in the valleys in our walk with Christ
- Why we need be connected and not just on social media
- Fatherlessness and our identity in our Heavenly Father
- Discernment in living God's purpose
- Having a vision for your life and your family
- Discipling our children and hope for the prodigal children
- We discuss his book, "Just a bartender" about the story of Nehemiah
- Having discernment with our words
Episode 17: Jonathan Roumie // The Chosen
Jonathan is an actor and he played Jesus on the amazing series, The Chosen. As a huge fan of the series, I was very excited to be able to talk with him. Please share this with a friend!
In this episode we discuss:
- How and why Jonathan started acting
- His favorite movies and some of his favorite voice work that he's done
- How he was chosen for the role of Jesus
- How he balances the weight and the emotion of acting in such an important role
- Actors who have played Jesus before that made an impact on him
- The tension between staying true to the Bible while also allowing for interpretation to be able to complete the vision for The Chosen
- The significance to Jesus' words based on the context of where He was living and the culture of the time
- Parallels with the disciples following Jesus and us today choosing to follow Him
- How we, as Christians, can make a difference in today's culture
- Season 2! I ask Jonathan what he is most looking forward to...
- Jonathan talks about the purpose of the Hallow app that he is featured on (see link below)
If you liked this episode and podcast, please leave a 5-star review in Apple iTunes, it would mean the world to me!
Customer ReviewsSee All
Interesting Spotlight on Your Daily Decision Making
This show helps you bring your everyday decision making into sharper focus from a Biblical foundation with the help of some interesting guests.
Congratulations on launching this show Tim!
You should listen to this show ‘religiously’
Tim is an inspiring host and I really enjoyed the episodes! A must listen :)
Loving it so far! Cannot wait to hear more
Learning from other’s mistakes both in the bible and from other brothers in Christ
great new conversations