Welcome to powerful imperfectly perfect conversations that shine the light on AMAZING DISRUPTORS, PIONEERS AND INNOVATORS in EDUCATION. Together, let's discover our unique gifts and fragrance in this garden called life, be uniquely ourselves and in service of others and the world.
Let's journey to explore how we:
🌺 change our schooling system for ALL can flourish (human/more than human)
🌺 put our INNATE well-being at the center of all our activities
Not through ONE PATH nor ONE SIZE FITS ALL but through ONE'S UNIQUE PATH to a happy fulfilled life.
Are you ready? Let's get started...
New Series dedicated to Young People - Episode 6 - Don't just focus on your academic results, focus on yourself too with Cindy Lau
Today I am delighted to share this imperfectly perfect conversation with Cindy Lau who was a former student of mine last year and is now a Law and French student at Warrick University.
In this episode we talked about:
Education, cultural differences, and personal growth. (0:02)
Education disparities and personal growth in an international school. (7:51)
Academic vs creative paths in school and society. (14:35)
University applications and the pressure to attend prestigious institutions. (22:20)
Pressure to succeed in education and the impact of failure. (30:15)
University admissions and cultural capital. (34:29)
Educational disparities and university experiences. (41:46)
University experience, challenges, and finding balance. (46:52)
Academic journey, self-awareness, and community support. (51:48)
Episode 220 - Just be KIND with Annelyse Apicella
Today I am delighted to share this imperfectly perfect conversation with a former colleague and friend Annelyse Apicella who is in her final year of her Speech and Language Therapy Degree here in the UK.
Annelyse and I explore:
- Her career change and pursuing a new passion. (0:03)
- Motivation and pathways to higher education. (5:19)
- Becoming a speech and language therapist. (11:02)
- Speech and language therapy access and evidence. (17:30)
- Special needs diagnosis and support. (23:36)
- Language disorders in children and their impact on mental health. (28:53)
- Disability awareness and support. (35:10)
- Trusting parental instincts in identifying developmental delays. (41:23)
- Speech and language challenges in youth justice system. (48:20)
- Understanding "disruptive behaviors" in children. (53:55)
If you have an interest in topics related to neurodivergence, disability, language and speech therapy in particular, this conversation is definitely for you!
Episode 219 - Weaving well-being science for thriving schools, organisations & communities with Paul Tupou-Vea
I am delighted to share with you this imperfectly perfect conversation with Paul Tupou-Vea Director of Clifftop Wellbeing.
We discussed how we weave well-being science for thriving schools, organisations and communities.
In particular we focused on:
- Paul's own personal journey, education, and wellbeing (0:02)
- Cultural capital and well-being for migrant families. (5:05)
- Cultural differences and perceptions. (13:55)
- Education system and parental involvement in New Zealand.(18:51)
- Education, colonialism, and well-being. (25:49)
- Shifting societal narratives towards community-focused well-being. (39:12)
- Well-being and its various components. (46:12)
- Well-being models and their relevance in schools (in particular
The Fonua Model Pacific Health Models » HAUORA (hpfnz.org.nz) Te Whare Tapa Whā Te Whare Tapa Whā | Māori Health Authority (teakawhaiora.nz)Te Whare Tapa Whā | Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (xn--tepkenga-szb.ac.nz)). (53:25)
- Hope and well-being in challenging times. (1:03:10)
I am sure you will absolutely love this conversation. I know I did!
New Season dedicated to Young people - Episode 5 - Let's use technology and platforms for powerful conversations with Raheen Fatima
Today I am delighted to share Episode 5 of this new series dedicated to young people. I hold the space and shine a light on Raheen Fatima who is an Entrepreneur, an Activist, a Podcaster as well as a Speaker.
In this imperfectly perfect conversation, Raheen shares her journey and experience of education, in particular with the online school called The Socratic Experience.
A really uplifting and empowering story. I cannot wait to speak to Raheen in a year's time to see where her journey has taken her.
Episode 218 - How to cultivate healthy organisations and create inclusive spaces for meaningful conversations with Eric Lynn
Today, I am delighted to share round 2 of an imperfectly perfect conversation with Eric Lynn,
Together we discuss:
- What healthy organisations are and how we cultivate healthy organisations.
- how to create inclusive spaces for meaningful conversations.
My conversations with Eric always leave me feeling so inspired and energised.
I have no doubt that you will love this episode as much as I did.
Episode 217 - Highly Effective leadership with Tom Lawrence
Today I am delighted to share this imperfectly perfect conversation with Tom Lawrence, Founder of Highly Effective Leader,
Author of "Manager To Leader", "A Limitless Mindset" & "Influence is Leadership" as well as Creator of "The Leader's Vault" Online Courses.
Tom shares his own journey into Leadership, his own challenges and what he learned along the way and is now sharing with his audience.
If you want to find out how to become a highly effective leader, then this conversation will definitely be of interest to you.