Insurance Age has been serving the UK regional broker community for over 30 years. Through exclusive news stories, analysis interviews and features it delivers the market intelligence brokers need to improve their business in print and at www.insuranceage.co.uk
Top 5 News Podcast 30 March - 03 April 2020
Insurance Age commissioning editor, Laurence Eastham, and news editor, Ida Axling, discuss the top stories of the week. The headlines this week were once again dominated by Covid-19, with brokers hitting back over business interruption following criticism of how the insurance industry has responded to the crisis.
Top five news stories for the week commencing 30 March 2020:
1) Covid-19: Industry "getting hammered" over business interruption, says Biba
2) Covid-19: Lloyd’s issues guidance to MGAs
3) Covid-19: Brokers demand flexibility from insurers
4) Covid-19: Insurers will need to "carefully consider" BI position, says Oliver Wyman
5) News analysis: Aon creates world’s biggest broker with Willis Towers Watson deal
Top 5 News Podcast 23 - 27 March 2020
Insurance Age editor, Sian Barton, and content director, Jonathan Swift, discuss the top stories this week and talk about their own experience of the coronavirus lockdown.
Top five news stories for the week commencing 22 March 2020:
1) Covid-19: Are you a key worker?
2) Axa confirms position on coronavirus business interruption cover
3) Covid-19: Confusion over rent guarantee insurance
4) Danish regulator orders Gefion to stop writing business
5) Covid-19: Government loan schemes open
Top 5 News Podcast 2 - 6 March 2020
Insurance Age's editor, Siân Barton, and news editor, Ida Axling, chat about the top five news stories of the week, including Aviva's 2019 financial results and the coronavirus.
Top five news stories for the week commencing 2 March 2020:
1. Ardonagh buys Rural Insurance Group
2. Biba takes action on FCA coronavirus warning
3. Mactavish calls for radical reform of the UK insurance industry
4. Government urged to reconsider IPT ahead of budget
5. Aviva UKGI profit falls by 35%
Top 5 News Podcast 24 -28 February 2020
Insurance Age's commissioning editor, Laurence Eastham, and news editor, Ida Axling, discuss the top five news stories of the week, including redundancies at Direct Line and Allianz's financial results.
Top five news stories for the week commencing 24 February 2020:
1. FCA removes Triton Insurance Brokers' right to conduct regulated business
2. Direct Line’s Ipswich office to close amid redundancy plan
3. FCA admits "mistake" after it accidentally shared private complainant data
4. Allianz UK COR deteriorates to 97.8%
5. Allianz committed to "under-performing" commercial property business
Top 5 News Podcast 17 -21 February 2020
The team take a closer look at the most read news stories of the week commencing 17 February 2020.
Top five news stories for the week:
1) Ardonagh signs on from to buy Bennetts from Saga
2) FCA sounds alarm over Brexit, misconduct and data usage
3) Bollington cuts ties with Gefion
4) Watson blames Ageas profit fall on motor book
5) Bennetts deal to cost Ardonagh £26m
Top 5 News Podcast 10 -14 February 2020
News editor Ida Axling and editor Siân Barton take a closer look at the most read news stories of the week commencing 10 February 2020.
Top five news stories for the week:
1. Major insurers respond to Staveley Head collapse
2. In Person: Amanda Blanc
3. Gallagher reshuffles UK specialty and Pen Underwriting leadership teams
4. Pen reveals further management changes
5. In Depth: Commercial – the property pressure cooker