Leigh Turner, also known as Robert Pimm, reads his own stories, explores the art of writing and analyses what makes books great.
10. Dr Wortle's School - a study in taboos
Were the people of 19th Century England obnoxious moralists? What if they were no worse than we are today? Also available as a blog post.
11. Does the "Palladium" exist? An interview with an archaeology professor
Top journalist Misty Anderson interviews Turkish archaeology professor Elif Mutlu about the mysterious Palladium. Why, Misty asks, do many people believe it protects Istanbul, while others argue it does not exist?
What do you think? Also available as a blog.
9. Russia/Ukraine: When deception is official policy
What three things must you always bear in mind when you hear Russian official statements about Ukraine? Also available as a blog.
8. Goldfinger - is this vile book worth reading?
Ian Fleming's "Goldfinger", written in 1959, is full of vile sexism, homophobia and prejudice. Is it still worth reading? Also available as a blog.
7. How you can help Ukraine - long term - by drinking vodka
Why is Ukrainian vodka the best in the world? What else makes it unique? You may be surprised to learn how "Horilka" could become as famous as Scotch or Champagne. Also available as a blog.
6. Reverse Conspiracy theories and Ukraine
Whose fault is the President Putin's invasion of Ukraine? What about the Soviet invasion of Hungary, or the building of the Berlin Wall? Think twice before you ascribe blame or you may be a victim of "reverse conspiracy theories". Also available as a blog.