In 2020, LinkedIn released a LOT of new features – here are some of the top ones:
1. Add a Featured Section Adding a new ‘Featured’ section to your LinkedIn profile – this section is where you can share your featured highlights including Posts, Articles, Links to external online content and upload photos or documents.
How to use the LinkedIn Featured section in your personal profile.
2. Add a Poll Adding a new Polls option to your text posts – one of my favourite new features! I suggest you try this feature out once a month – polling your network is a great way to encourage conversation and debate, plus finding out what your network REALLY think about!
How to use LinkedIn Polls
3. Open to Work If you are currently looking for a new role, you can add an option to your personal profile that shows your network you are ‘open to work’
Click on the ‘Open to’ button underneath your headline – then choose Finding a new job as your option.
You can choose location, job titles, and whether you want full-time, part-time, temporary or contract work. You can also choose whether to share with only recruiters, or with your whole network.
Once you have completed this, a green circle will appear on your profile picture.
4. Reactions on your LinkedIn Posts Before 2020, you would have been able to click to ‘like’ someone's post on LinkedIn. Now we have six reactions available – like, celebrate, love, support, curious and insightful.
Remember – if you leave a comment, this will raise your profile and visibility rather than just clicking a reaction.
5. Video Messages Did you know you can send a video message to your connections?
On your LinkedIn mobile app, go to messaging, click on the video sign and you can create and send a video message.
How to use messaging on LinkedIn (and why you should)