This is a live recording of the Masala Podcast Launch Event on 8th Oct, at Rich Mix, London.
The official launch of Masala Podcast was such a powerful experience. The audience responses were incredible, the support was overwhelming.
The evening was a panel discussion with my guests from Season 1. We discussed the themes of the podcast: identity, race, sexual identity, mental health, the body and periods & answered questions from the audience.
• Asifa Lahore – Britain’s first out Muslim drag queen, TV star & LGBT activist
• Jane Chelliah – activist & star of Channel 4’s Mums Make Porn
• Rittika Dasgupta – representative from Cysters, a charity for South Asian female reproductive health
• Bolly Ditz Dolly – South Asian Burlesque performer from House of Burlesque
• Tina Mistry – Psychologist specialising in South Asian mental health issues
• Famida Islam – Queer Bengali & Muslim activisit
A warm heart-felt thank you to my incredible panelists for being passionate, honest, open & awesome. Here are their Insta handles, if you’d like to follow them: @ambitiousmamas @asifalahore @thebrownpsychologist @mercury_dun @rittikadg @bollyditz.dolly
And thank you to all the amazing audience members, who turned up and supported us so whole-heartedly.
When South Asian womxn come together, when they really hear each other, when they share their stories, their pain...this magic happens. And we all felt that magic at this launch event for Masala Podcast.
The Spotify award-winning Masala Podcast talks about taboos in South Asian culture: sex, sexuality, periods, menopause, mental health & more.
Producer: Hana Walker-Brown Multi-Award-Winning Documentary Maker www.hanawalkerbrown.com
Music Credit: Sunny Robertson @sunnyrobertsonmusic
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY PLATFORM SOUL SUTRAS
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Soul_Sutras
Click here to join the Soul Sutras newsletter: