Each month we will bring you no holds barred discussion on the biggest issues that affect our careers and lives.
You'll hear from an individual at the top of their game on the challenges they faced and the mistakes they made along the way.
And in Ask The Hive, if you are facing an obstacle or a problem in your career, you'll have a chance to get some superb advice from people who've been there and come out the other side.
How to pay it forward with purpose
Simone Roche MBE chats to Jan Brown, Senior Lecturer in Marketing and Entrepreneurship at Liverpool John Moores University about the PoWEr of mentoring and the real impact it can have on the confidence and careers of young people.
Listen to Learn
-How mentoring can boost confidence and raise aspirations
-Why mentoring relationships benefit mentors as well as mentees
-How to be both passionate and purposeful
-Why bringing every aspect of yourself to work is the way forward
How to use your PoWEr for good
Simone Roche MBE chats to Sharon Watson MBE, CEO and Principal at Northern School of Contemporary Dance about the importance of role models and investing in the arts.
Listen to Learn:
How real role models can make a difference
Why having passion for what you do is essential to levelling up
How we can overcome barriers to careers in the arts
Why the North is full of opportunities in the dance industry
How to Accelerate Change Together
Simone Roche MBE chats to Afiya Amesu, future barrister and co-founder of She Leads For Legacy all about bringing different voices to the table, spotlighting diverse talent and the power of collaboration.
Why setting short, medium and long term goals enables us to break down barriers
How supporting black owned business is a great way to be an ally
Why we should all undertake reverse mentoring and unconscious bias training
How important listening is in addressing racial and gender diversity
How to get your seat at the table
Simone Roche MBE chats to multiple non-executive and trustee role holder and founder of Ripple Effect Development Ltd Debbie Francis OBE about the importance of shouting about your achievements, as well as how you can find your seat at the tables where decisions are being made.
Listen to Learn
- How to take those first steps towards claiming a seat at the table
- What organisations and boards can do to increase their diversity
- How to bring the ‘human factor’ to your confidence
How to Speak Up and Be Heard
Simone Roche MBE chats to award-winning broadcaster Sam Walker all about finding your voice, and why we all need to #BeHeard.
Listen to Learn
- How important visibility is in the media and events industries
- How speaking up is all our responsibilities and producers are not looking to trip you up
- Why asking the question ‘If not you, then who?’ can give you the confidence to say yes!
- Why sharing your expertise and knowledge with the world means you are a role model
How to talk about money in business with Dr Marilyn Comrie OBE
Simone Roche MBE chats to Dr Marilyn Comrie OBE, Director of the Black United Representation Network (BURN).
Listen to learn:
- Why women in particular shouldn’t be afraid to talk about money
- How everyone stands to gain from diverse and inclusive spaces
- Why you should pay your female, black, asian and minority ethnic talent
- How to set clear boundaries when it comes to the cost of your services
Love listening to this each month. Really interesting conversation you normally don’t hear out loud. Please keep it up!
Perfect sound bites, interesting conversations & advice!
If you’re a female, from the north & proud or just like the company & conversation of great women from all walks of life then give this a go. You won’t regret it 👍🏻
Keep up the great work
Love Sam Walker and Simone Roche. Great energy. Great podcast. Like the ‘ask the hive’ section and inspiring speakers. I always learn something!