Amy Cox is an award-winning former teacher and has helped thousands of parents with simple play ideas for their children. But here’s the thing: a Pinterest board of ‘play activities’ is not going to help you become a more connected, playful parent. This podcast is an exploration of exactly what is - and it will surprise you! Made just for curious, self-aware parents ready to find more connection and joy in the day to day, join Amy (and guests!) on a journey that starts from the inside-out
Grow Yourself, Grow Your Child
So what’s this conversation REALLY about?
What to do when you get that niggling feeling that your parenting journey isn’t going at all according to your plan The idea of growing yourself to grow your child How parenting four children really hit home that no two children are the same (even if you parented them the same way) The importance of cultivating a growth mindset when it comes to parenting Admitting (eeep!) that we do not have control over our child's behaviour… but we CAN control our response Embracing self compassion and in turn TEACHING self compassion to our children How making mistakes in front of our children is showing them it’s okay that you don’t know all the answers
Matrescence: Why every mother needs to know about it
Tune in for an honest conversation about:
- The meaning of “matrescence”
- What new mothers are being told
- The pitfalls we all face
- The cycle we end up in as new mums
- The transformation we all go through
- How to identify your cultural and familial ideas of what a “good mother” is
- How to redefine your definition of a “good mother”
- How to define what’s important for you, your children, and your family
003: Bucket Filling 101: why you need to know about it
So what's this conversation REALLY about?
- The secret sauce to getting your kids to play independently (HINT: this DOES NOT come from a pretty Pinterest Board)
- What kids *really* need
- What (on earth) 'bucket filling time' is and why it's so important
How important you are to your child
002: The Power of Play
In this episode, we look at how we can let go of all our expectations of what play ‘should’ look like and embrace the messy, joyful and fun play that builds our kiddos brains.
001: Introducing...the Playful Connection Podcast!
Join me on a journey that starts from the inside-out in our Playful Connection Podcast.