Podcast by rope partners Fox and Mya, The Rope Podcast is an adult podcast about rope bondage, Shibari and Kinbaku. Listen for discussions of ties, rope topics and news, interviews, reviews of events and rope gear, and listener questions.
Ep96: Diverse Bodies in Rope - An Interview with Alexielle
“So far I’ve not come across any condition that we couldn’t adjust things in a way that still made [rope] enjoyable for the other person.” Alexielle.
Alexielle is a rope switch active in the UK scene. She has a 24/7 D/s relationship with her collared pet Little-Boy-Blue as his owner and Domme, though Alexielle and Little-Boy-Blue switch in rope regularly. Alexielle is the presenter, along with Little-Boy-Blue of the ‘Diverse Bodies in Rope’ class, and we wanted to catch up with her about what this means, and why it’s important for all of us, riggers and bottoms, to be more aware of this topic.
Fox and Mya discuss with Alexielle:
◦ What it means to tie diverse bodies
◦ Practical ideas on how she adapts her style and tying to diverse bodies
◦ Myths about diverse bodies
◦ The range of health conditions she has come across and how she manages these in rope
◦ Tips on how to discuss health conditions with your rope partner
◦ Neurodiversity and how you can adapt rope to suit this
◦ How she and her partner maintain their power exchange when they switch in rope
Ep95: Escape Games with Rope Bondage
After a short update on Mya’s health, Mya and Fox talk about escape games with rope. Often a more playful type of rope, the duo discuss:
* Examples of rope bondage escape games you can play
* Variations in your games and where you can find inspiration
* Safety and risk
* Who might enjoy this type of rope play
* What you can learn from this sort of rope play
* How Fox and Mya use it in their rope
Ep94: Bedroom Bondage
Sometimes, you need simple rope to get the job done. In this episode, Fox and Mya discuss the type of tying that isn’t necessarily focused all about the tying itself, but is used restrain someone quickly for another purpose - often sex! Here bondage is a tool, and they talk in this episode about how you might want to use it.
* When you would and wouldn’t use this type of rope bondage
* What rope adds to this type of activity
* Specific risk factors to consider
* What tops might need to manage when tying
* Learnings for bottoms around this type of tying
* The types of ties you might include
* Toys to use and things to tie to
* And finally, some surprising rope and sex interactions!
Ep93: Sensually Erotic Semenawa - An Interview with RiggerOdys
“Once you master how to tie some thing, you will start tying some one.” @RiggerOdys
Odys is a rigger/kinbaku artist and educator who discovered rope bondage six years ago. Initially inspired by the traditional Japanese style bondage of Akira Naka and Yukimura Haruki, he has studied with Naka for four years. In 2017 he created Kinbaku odyssey studio. He describes his style as sensually erotic semenawa.
Fox and Mya discuss with Odys:
◦ His inspiration in Japanese bondage and what drew him to it
◦ Attending a Naka performance and the huge impact it had on Odys
◦ Erotic Semenawa and how hard it can be to define
◦ Where power exchange and control fits in rope bondage for him
◦ Sensuality versus sexuality in rope
◦ Rope and how he has developed his photography style
◦ How he connects with bottoms and builds trust both ways
◦ How he channels his own emotions into his rope and the shared experience with his partner
Ep92: International Rope Switch VioletRain - An Interview
VioletRain is a Thai rope switch with an international background, who now lives in the States. A thoughtful and experienced rope-focused kinkster, she visited Thailand earlier this year and we had the pleasure to sit down with her and talk about rope.
Through the discussion, listeners can hear abut how as a more experienced bottom but a newer rope top, she’s developing her skills.
We also discuss with her:
◦ How an uninspiring single column as a first tie didn’t put her off a partial suspension for her second tie - which made all the difference
◦ How she started as a rope bottom and then grew as a top - and what has been even more powerful for her than classes
◦ A great tip on how to get the most from your classes
◦ The connection she makes between hiking and Rope!
◦ Her love of impact and whips and how she combines them with rope (Mya can attest to her gleeful sadism, see below!)
◦ Wha she’s attracted to as a bottom in rope versus what she’s attracted to as a top
◦ Her rope touristing and travels, her learnings and her experiences at Beach Bind
◦ Tips for listeners who want to rope tourist themselves
Click the links below to listen now!
Ep91: Face Rope - Rope Focus Episode
Fox and Mya discuss face rope - which is essentially - rope on the face! The podcast hosts are big fans of face rope, and use it in a variety of ways, and when the Rope Podcast Patreon community voted this episode as their next suggestion, Mya and Fox were excited.
They discuss in the episode:
* What it looks like and how you might do it
* The kind of scenes face rope can contribute to
* Safety and risks of the tie
* Mya explains her feels about being in this kind of tie, and aspects she enjoys and dislikes
* Scenes they’ve used it in
* And as a bonus, find out how many times Fox has broken his nose :)