In a world locked down, comedy can no longer stand up. Performed by Alfie Brown (‘Quite simply the future of British stand-up’ The List) and recorded on InstagramLive at 9pm every Wednesday; Sedentary Comedy has a setlist created by the audience.
Ep 5. What makes you think you deserve a treat?
Some topics are easier to extract humour from than others. To suggest something to go on the setlist, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Annoying things about other people, that are probably fine.
3. What is the meaning of life?
4. Dominic Cummings.
5. Our reaction to the killing of George Floyd.
6. Who am I without pints, football and stand-up?
Ep 4. My Uncle actually invented Corona Virus and he says...
1. Nominative Determinism
2. What you thought you’d be as a child vs what you are now
3. The IRA ( a second attempt )
5. The lies we tell our children
6. Corona Virus news coverage
Ep 3. To Suck Off Mason Greenwood
The subjects this week were heavy. I think there are too many.
1. National cuisine people should not be proud of
2. Thoughts when looking at yourself in the mirror
3. JOrdan Peterson
4. International Travel and airports
5. The IRA
6. Mancunian Culture
7. The romanticising of regional accents
8. Defining beauty
10. *an email I received*
Ep 1. Anxious weird poets
I did not do them in order, and I think I missed one. It is the pilot so do forgive me.
Hot Take on Poetry
Is it important to make your bed everyday?
People who self identify as weird
The relevance of physics
Anxiety. Impulsivity. Mania. Depression
How to solve football
What are the benefits of our new liminal existence?
No longer getting to choose your check out person.
Ep 2. Doctor Doctor, my cock is dry
This week the setlist reads...
The price of wine
Sexually speaking - my biggest turn offs
The Zoom background bookcase
James O’Brien: An opinion
When’s the next one ???
Slacker. Make a new one please
One of the best comedians in Britain today
Delighted that Alfie has shared this with us. I’ve seen him live three times this year and can now listen to him weekly. Ultra articulate observations and incredibly relatable.
Very, very funny. I’m a huge fan of Alfie Brown. #WelcomeTimo