Mike Fleetham from Thinking Classroom and Sophie Debout of Shalloui get to grips with the neuroscience of coaching and discover how insights work: what are the optimal conditions for having a powerful learning insight?, and how do you know if you’ve had one? On the way they discover that Sophie has enough energy to power a small town.
- Sophie’s vision and aspirations.
- The four features of a learning insight:
o Instant Realisation
o Brain Change
- In-ear coaching: big brother or angel on shoulder?
- In-ear coaching insights.
- Should we share insight theory with coachees?
- The four conditions for learning insights:
o A quiet mind
o Open-minded, curious
o Partially focussed on problem
- Why we should teach brain theory to learners.
- Growth mindset, fixed mindset and metacognition.
- Pupils using in-ear coaching.
- Mike’s biggest insight and being present for your coachee.
Links from Mike:
Thinking Classroom Website
Working live with Seattle teachers
More information about Live Coaching
Thinking Classroom Live In-Ear Coaching Group at IRIS Connect
Growth Mindset from Class Dojo
Mindset by Carol Dweck
Links from Sophie