How did Kickstarter make a Rails platform that could scale? Why did Gilt Groupe move to a Scala architecture? Should I be experimenting with using NodeJS in my stack and for what? Steve Robinson (PhD and programmer) interviews technology leaders about their software systems to discover the secrets of how world-class technology works in practice. Ideal for budding technology architects, lead developers and anyone who's looking to learn from detailed case-studies of success.
20 - Docker, Rails and the Atlanta Tech Scene - Tim Dorr SalesLoft - Part 4
The Atlanta Ruby on Rails Community
1) Startup community growth in last decade
2) Growth of Slacker’s in Atlanta
3) Why is Atlanta a great place to work
4) Where is SalesLoft based and what openings to they have
iframe style="border: non...
19 - Docker, Rails and the Atlanta Tech Scene - Tim Dorr SalesLoft - Part 3
Tips to go from Junior to Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
1) How has the community changed?
2) More tools more decisions on how to learn
3) Where to learn more about becoming a Senior Rails developer
4) What makes a senior developer?
18 - Docker, Rails and the Atlanta Tech Scene - Tim Dorr SalesLoft - Part 2
5 Killer DevOps tricks for Ruby on Rails Developers
1) Using Docker
2) Use locally and in production
3) Freeing yourself to get on and build
4) How to transition from existing setups
5) Breaking out of the Docker seran-wrap
17 - Docker, Rails and the Atlanta Tech Scene - Tim Dorr SalesLoft - Part 1
We’ve all been there, the fun of building your MVP has ended and now you need someone to actually use your fantastic creation. You email a few friends, send a couple of tweets, but if you want to scale your efforts you’ll need to track communications, work out who might be ...
16 - Refactoring with Haskell and Rails - StackBuilders - Part 3
Justin Leitgeb - functional programming addict and co-founder and CTO of Stack Builders, a New York and Ecuadorian Development agency working in Rails and Haskell, talks about the challenges of working on complex applications in both Haskell and Rails.
Part 3 - Refa...
15 - Switching from Ruby to Haskell - StackBuilders
Justin Leitgeb - functional programming addict and co-founder and CTO of Stack Builders talks about why he moved from Ruby to Haskell.
Part 2 - Moving from Ruby to Haskell
- Why bet the farm on Haskell?
- Problems with Testing when using Ruby and Rails...
Customer ReviewsSee All
Interesting and informative
Looking forward to continued excellent output. Good to hear ruby discussions on a 1 to 1 format.