The Icing on the Cake is a UK wedding planning podcast, brought to you by me, Zoë, a wedding business consultant and freelance wedding venue manager.
Today I work exclusively with wedding venue businesses across Wales, but prior to that, I had a very successful wedding planning company, based in Cardiff. After planning weddings for many couples in Wales and the South West of England for so many years, I wanted to share my thoughts, ideas and suggestions to help you to plan your perfect wedding, without the stress and panic that so many couples feel. Expect hints, tips, do’s and don’ts on venues, cakes, dresses, photos, flowers, décor, styling - and all the bits you haven’t even thought of yet! Happy planning! xxx
My Top 10 Tips For Planning Your Wedding
22. Zoë takes centre-stage - quite literally - as we hear her top 10 tips for planning your wedding, a talk she delivered to a wedding fayre in Cardiff last autumn. Plus listener Emma asks whether a comedian would be appropriate entertainment at her wedding. This is the final episode of Series 2 - Zoë will be back later in the year. Big thanks to Andi Roselund (Sangwha Comm), Adriann and Ivolipa for the sound effects used in this episode.
Destination Weddings and Honeymoons
21. With passport in hand, Zoë speaks to Trish Griffiths from travelcounsellors.co.uk about stag and hen do's, destination weddings and honeymoons. In fact, If you're not tempted to elope by the end of this episode, we'll be amazed! Plus Zoë answers listener Danielle's question about prioritising her budget.
Why Should I Hire A Wedding Planner?
20. We've all seen Jennifer Lopez do it but is it worth making room in your budget for a wedding planner? Zoë is joined by fellow wedding planner, Bernadette Chapman - who runs dream-occasions.co.uk and also the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners - to talk about how booking the right person can take the stress out of your day.
Lights, Camera, Action! Wedding Videos with Richard Shelton
19. Videographer and podcast presenter, Richard Shelton, talks about the evolution of wedding videos and tries to convince us all to make the videographer one of your first bookings. Plus Zoë answers listener Charlotte's question on when to send invites to overseas guests.
Richard's podcast is Our Week in Video: https://apple.co/2DMj7d3 (Apple) / http://ourweekinvideo.libsyn.com/ (Website)
Making The Most Of A Wedding Fayre
18. Time to get out of your PJs and down to your local wedding fayre for a Sunday full of ideas and inspiration. Zoë is joined by Amy Nation from events company, Eternity With Love, to discuss how to get the most from a wedding fayre. Plus, Zoë runs through the possible venues for a same sex wedding.
Behind the Scenes at a Wedding Photoshoot
17. We're out on location as Zoë and her business partner, Hanna, undertake a luxurious styled photoshoot, that will hopefully get picked up by one of the UK wedding bloggers. We meet the suppliers who make these kind of shoots happen and hear from Kat and Claire, our wedding bloggers from the last episode, on what they're looking for from styled shoots. For a full list of contributors featured in this episode, head over to Zoë's blog - weddingsbyzoe.co.uk/blog.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Really lovely, helpful podcast to listen to whilst wedding planning - please never stop!
I have just listen to several of Zoe’s podcasts
All so clear, helpful and on trend subjects - I look forward to listening to many more .
Impressed - would recommend!
This podcast is perfect for anyone who is deciding on how to go about the most important day of their lives. Would recommend a listen to anyone considering to get married before going and planning their big day!