Parenting for Faith exists to equip and encourage parents to raise God-connected children and teens. In the podcast, the Parenting for Faith team offer ideas and tools, answer questions, review books, host interviews and panel discussions.
Discover our free course for churches and more at https://parentingforfaith.org
Parenting for Faith is part of BRF, a registered charity.
S5 Ep3: WHAT IF... I'm the church leader?
Rachel Turner, Lucy Rycroft and Rhianne O'Rourke share about how we can parent our children and teens for faith when we (or our spouses) are involved in the unique parenting context of church leadership. The conversation will also be helpful to those of us who aren't church leaders, as we support those who are.
- Parenting as a Church Leader online training day: brfonline.org.uk/collections/parenting-for-faith-events/products/parenting-as-a-church-leader-day-helping-your-family-thrive
- Parenting as a Church Leader book: parentingforfaith.brf.org.uk/resource/parenting-as-a-church-leader-helping-your-family-thrive-the-book/
- Parenting as a Church Leader Facebook community including bonus Q and A videos: facebook.com/groups/962128114181843
S5 Ep2: WHAT IF... my child is on the autistic spectrum with Cavan Wood
Cavan Wood, author and autism dad, shares how we can help children and teens on the autistic spectrum to connect with God and engage with church. We also chat about how we, as parents and carers, can build a support network.
- Lunch with Leaders 18 Jan parentingforfaith.brf.org.uk/upcoming-events/#facebooklive
- 'Entertaining Angels' by Cavan Wood https://www.eden.co.uk/christian-books/family/parenting/entertaining-angels/
- Additional needs resources on the Parenting for Faith website: https://www.parentingforfaith.brf.org.uk/topics/additional-needs/
S5 Ep1: WHAT IF... my child has had challenging life experiences with Rae Morfin from TLG
Happy New Year!
This is the start of our new season. We all want our kids and teens to meet and know God but WHAT IF....? This season we'll be answering your questions about what God connection looks like for all sorts of different kids, families and contexts, whatever your 'WHAT IF...?'
Rae Morfin from TLG shares how we can help children and teens who have had challenging life experiences to meet and know God. Those might be ACEs(adverse childhood experiences), a medical condition or experience, something to do with their family circumstances or something else.
- Pop up small groups starting 17 Jan parentingforfaith.brf.org.uk/upcoming-events/#facebooklive
- TLG tlg.org.uk/
- Emotional First Aid and The Emotional Rollercoaster tlg.org.uk/get-involved/training
- Dan Hughes PACE approach danielhughes.org/p.a.c.e..html
S4 Ep 12: More Q&A with Rachel Turner
This is our second Q&A episode with Rachel Turner and the last episode of this season.
She answers questions including:
- how we can talk to our children about adults close to them who don't have faith and their different choices
- what to do if our kids find God boring
- how to handle kids with a lot of questions
Four simple steps to answering any question your kids asks - parentingforfaith.org/post/questions
Get email notifications when a new podcast episode is available - parentingforfaith.org/podcast/ parentingforfaith.org/course/ . We'll be back with season five in January.
S4 Ep11: Q&A with Rachel Turner
This is our first Q&A episode with Rachel Turner.
She answers questions including:
- should we prioritise church on a Sunday morning?
- how can we encourage our kids to have a faith without forcing them
- how to do Sabbath as a family, and
- how significant friendships are with church friends?
Free Advent downloadable - parentingforfaith.org/post/growing-gratitude-in-our-kids/
The Original Parenting for Faith course - parentingforfaith.org/course/
S4 Ep10: Connecting with God at Christmas with Lizzie Laferton
This week, we chat to Lizzie Laferton all about how we can help our kids connect with God over Christmas. She also tells us about her new family devotional, The God of Amazing Gifts.
Donate via The Big Give until 6 December to get your donation doubled - https://donate.thebiggive.org.uk/campaign/a056900002NBL4iAAH
The God of Amazing Gifts - https://www.eden.co.uk/christian-books/christmas-and-advent-books/advent-books/advent-devotionals/the-god-of-amazing-gifts/
Can not recommend highly enough! A breath of fresh air and so needed and welcome. Has really given me confidence and super simple tools in parenting for faith, and helped me realised that I don’t need to be super-spiritual but can just be myself. Plus, Rachel always makes me laugh! Thank you Rachel and team for all you are doing... so valuable and a lifeline resource.
Fun and informative .
As always Rachel uses humour and wisdom to help us navigate parenting for faith. Love the different elements in each podcast! A 20 minutes well spent listening to these podcasts.
Exactly what I’ve been waiting for
So great to have Rachel’s wisdom, fun and humour in a podcast. I feel like I learned multiple things from each episode and came away with something really practical I could try out with my children. Love that it’s just 20 minutes and am really looking forward to new episodes coming out. Thank you!