9 in 10 companies fail in the first few years of business, we're on a mission to help change those stats. The Startup Van travelled the world in a vintage VW Bus interviewing great entrepreneurs before opening a permanent studio in London Shoreditch. We've interviewed well over 3,000 guests at this stage and we want to educate and inspire as many entrepreneurs as possible by interviewing the biggest and most successful names in business on our show. If you're an entrepreneur this podcast is for you as we find out from the best how to run and build a successful business. Start NOW!
Shining A Light On VC's We Talk To Joe Perkins Founder Of Landscape, The Glassdoor for VC's And Accelerators
On todays show we talk to Joe Perkins the founder of Landscape which has been called the Glassdoor for VC's and accelerators. Landscape is a community project aimed at raising transparency in the startup funding ecosystem.
We Talk to Joe about.......
- Why this is needed
- His experience with a VC which lead to Landscape
- Some of the shocking stories he's heard
- His future plans for Landscape and much more
Hopin Went From 8 Employees To 180 In 1 Year
Really excited to have the founder of online conference platform Hopin - Johnny Boufarhat on the show today. We speak to Johnny about...
- Growing a business from 8 employees to 180 in a year.
- Raising $40M+ from key investors.
- How investors differ with the value they add.
- Knowing if you're the right person to be CEO and more.
Supporting The Unrepresented Founders In London - OneTech
Emma Joy Obanye from OneTech joins us on the show today, they're proudly committed to challenging inequity and the lack of diversity in Tech. If you’re a female founder or consider yourself from a Black, Asian or Ethnic Minority background, OneTech is here to support you on every step of your journey.
On todays show we talk about...
- Supporting unrepresented founders in London
- What it's like to be a female founder raising money
- Why the system is unfair
- Working with sponsors and much more
Meatless Farm Raises $30 Million Dollars and Takes on Americas Giants
Really excited to have Morten Toft Bech the founder of Meatless Farm on the podcast today. Their mission is to make a difference without tasting the difference.
On todays show we talk about...
- Starting the business with zero background in food
- Building a strong team
- Closing a deal whit US giant Whole Foods
- Taking on billion dollar competitors like, Beyond Meat and Impossible foods
- Raising 30 Million during lockdown and much more
We Talk About Raising Money In America Compared To The UK
It was great to have Romanie Thomas on the show today. Romanie is the founder and CEO of Juggle which is a digital platform for companies to find, onboard, pay and manage, experienced flexible professionals
On todays show we talk about.....
- The differences between US and UK investors
- The mistakes Romanie made when pitching
- Downsizing the business
- The importance of hiring the right people
- How fundraising as a sole founder negatively impact the growth of Juggle
- And much more
Habito Founder Daniel Hegarty Tell Us How He Raised $82 Million In Funding
Guests like todays is the reason Startup Van was founded, an incredibly driven founder with a background you might not expect. Founder and CEO of Habito Daniel Hegarty speaks with us about
- His time in a punk band being similar to a startup.
- How his time in Wonga helped him raise a seed round.
- Finding the right investors.
- Raising $82M.
- And much more!
Great interviews and hosted by a really great team!
Some really top notch advice from entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs!
My go to podcast
I highly recommend these podcasts for those interested in starting their own business as they are full of useful marketing insights and entrepreneurial knowledge!
Love Startup Van
Brilliant podcast! I already loved your video interviews. Highly recommend to any entrepreneur in business or in the making