Treasure Time Podcast: Growing Up Happy
Title: Two top tips for building children's independence
About our hosts:
A creative entrepreneur who focuses on ways to tackle the root of children's mental health through play and secure relationships. Due to her own challenging experiences in childhood, Sophia went on to establish a thriving Play & Creative Arts Therapy charity to support other children who have experienced trauma. Her focus is on helping therapists, businesses and charities have more of an impact for children and families that they work with through coaching, strategy, fundraising and mentoring.
Nicole is a mum to two young boys, who also has over 20 years of brand marketing experience. She is a previous Chair Trustee at Clear Sky Charity and has past experience on the Ella’s Kitchen board. Her roles have included Marketing Director, Head of Ella’s-ness, Global Brand Director with responsibility of creating and building one brand inside and out – including the wellbeing and culture of the team. Nicole was instrumental in growing Ella’s into a multi-million pound international business, driven by the mission of creating healthy children.
About Treasure Time
Our vision is to drive connected, happy parent-child relationships, for the benefit of the whole family. Our mission and passion is to educate parents in how to become happy, mindful and confident in connecting with their own children through play.
Treasure Time website https://www.treasuretime.co.uk/
Treasure Time digital course for parents - https://www.treasuretimeapp.co.uk/shop-page
Value bombs and tweetables:
- If I'm being really honest, I didn't really create enough space and time for them to properly experiment at their own pace and, and the boys absolutely love experimenting, you know all children do - Nicole
- Sometimes we think it's just easier and quicker for us to do it. But actually, children need the opportunity to problem solve and to be creative – Sophia
- If you think you respect your children's ability to solve problems, try the challenge of sitting on your hands while they find the end of the Sellotape roll and wrap a present without coming to the rescue and helping them do it! - Nicole
- It goes back to feeling uncomfortable with sitting with our children's difficult feelings. It makes us feel like quite squirmy and a bit weird! See how long you can last not jumping to the rescue – Sophia
- We can be like David Attenborough, on a nature show, observing the children and just being curious about what is their pace? How do they operate? How much time do they need to get things done when you allow them to distance themselves? – Sophia
- Once I discovered basically how long each my boys needed for certain tasks in the morning, (like shoes and coats are an incredible 15 minute activity at our front door!) and letting them take the lead and adjust all the little things.. made a huge difference to the happy calm flow of the day - Nicole
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
You're listening to a podcast produced by A PODCAST COMPANY. This show was made by podcast syndicator where we help you go from start to grow to make money with your podcast. Let us help you share your message and your voice with the world. Reach out now. Jason@apodcastcompany.com to find out more. Thank you for listening and do come back to hear more shows like this.
1) Hey, don't miss out on a free webinar!
Learn about how to launch a profitable podcast in just 60 days!
2) Take your podcast from idea to execution in just 6 weeks!