In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast, we are pleased to welcome Laura Theodore, a.k.a., The Jazzy Vegetarian.
We’re EXTRA excited about having Laura on the show because she was one of our inspirations for creating The Vegetarian Zen podcast.
Many of you know that we started Vegetarian Zen as a place for people to feel comfortable asking questions and learning more about being plant-based without feeling bullied or pressured. We wanted to focus on the positive aspects of being vegan or vegetarian, and Laura certainly brings that vibe.
Today we get to know Laura a little more and talk about her latest book, Vegan For Everyone.
Be sure to scroll down to find links to a few recipes Laura shared with us!
Who Is Laura Theodore?
Laura Theodore is a nationally recognized television personality, radio host, celebrity PBS vegan chef, and award-winning author of five plant-based cookbooks. Season Eight of the Jazzy Vegetarian television show airs nationally every Sunday at 9:30 am EST on the Create Channel (check local listings).
Laura’s new podcast, Jazzy Vegetarian Radio airs live every Thursday on Unity Online Radio. Learn more at www.jazzyvegetarian.com.
Vegan for Everyone By The Jazzy Vegetarian
Vegan for Everyone is the perfect book for anyone looking to add easy-to-prepare and delicious, plant-based food into their weekly menu plan. This innovative cookbook features more than 160 family-friendly recipes (135 are gluten-free friendly) and over 200 beautiful, full-color photos, including 100+ new recipes, along with updated versions of 60 fan-favorites, all created by award-winning vegan chef Laura Theodore (PBS’s Jazzy Vegetarian).
This book includes an entire chapter of up-to-date nutritional information contributed by Julieanna Hever, MS, RD, CPT (The Plant-Based Dietitian), making it a complete and fun way to make family meals kinder, healthier and—most of all—tastier.
With classic recipes like No-Egg Tofu-Veggie Scramble, Crazy, Easy BBQ Portobello Burgers and Cauliflower Steaks with Sweet Pepper Sauce; kid-friendly recipes like Yummy Banana-Oat Pancakes, Rockin’ Peanut Butter-Banana Toast and Date n’ Rice Cereal Treats; and plant-based, gluten-free recipes like Peachy Date-Nut Oat Bars, Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo, and Mad Mocha Marbled Mousse Pie, you’ll be able to delight your entire family and all of your guests with easy-to-prepare, four-star meals that are satisfying, nutritious and delicious!
Vegan for Everyone includes:
* Over 160 delectable vegan recipes, each with easy-to-follow instructions
* Full-color photo with almost every recipe (over 200 photos in all)
* Recipe ingredients that can be found at most local supermarkets
* Handy icons to quickly identify over 135 gluten-free friendly recipes
* Detailed lists of vegan essentials, including how to stock your plant-powered pantry and organize your spice rack and table of equivalent measures
* Many quick and easy three-ingredient recipes
* Festive recipes to serve for holidays, birthdays and any special occasion
* Comprehensive plant-based nutrition chapter, contributed by Julieanna Hever, MS, RD, CPT
Vegan for Everyone includes delightfully delicious, classic recipes to impress everyone you are cooking for—omnivores and vegans alike!
* a href="https://www.vegetarianzen.com/recipe/cold-blueberry-soup-by-laura-theodore-aka-the-jazzy-vegetarian/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" data-...