“Do what makes YOU happy, not what makes other people happy.” ~ Penny Power
In the words of the ancient Chinese philosopher, Lau Tzu, “To be whole, first allow yourself to be broken” and our wonderful guest has lived this advice to become the person she is today. Penny Power is not only an incredible woman with a super hero’s name, but her journey is so extraordinary it will have you gasping in disbelief as it unfolds.
In 1998 Penny created the first online business community, Ecademy. It connected business people to one another using the power of blogging, community, events and the culture of “friendship first.” Penny’s achievements were recognised by the Queen in 2014 and she was awarded an OBE for contribution to entrepreneurship in the Social Digital Economy. With her husband, she is the director of a company, Social Power Ltd. As well as a wife and mother, Penny is an author, speaker and “accidental entrepreneur.”
Penny kindly opens up to us today and shares the highs and lows of being a pioneer of new ideas; you’ll be introduced to some of the hard-nosed horrors of the banking world that will make you shudder in disbelief, and that business is personal (also the title of Penny’s book!). You’ll also learn:
• Business doesn’t need to be commercialised, unfriendly and automated, and how to apply and value different ways of working.
• Why “small is beautiful” in the business world
• Why it was that Penny allowed herself to be vulnerable and where this lead her
• What caused her to sell her business for £1.00
• Through all the hardships in business, and the horrific personal circumstances that would have floored the strongest of us, how Penny put the pain away and kept going.
• The meltdown moment where she took Lau Tzu’s words and allowed herself to break...and the new terms under which Penny pieced herself together
• What it was that lead Penny to build boundaries, and where she went to find faith.
Are you self employed, an entrepreneur, or an already established business in need of guidance? This interview will help you learn and grow whatever position you’re in, and if you feel you’re not on the rise, it may save you hitting rock bottom!
Learn more about our amazing guest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or on her website pennypower.co.uk
We love hearing from our Kitty Listeners! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgOr, you can always find Kitty chatting in our Kitty Talks Facebook Community. Become part of the Kitty Club and sign up www.kittytalks.com
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.