FraudNet is an international network of independent lawyers who are the leading civil asset recovery specialists in each country. FraudNet’s membership extends to every continent and the world’s major economies, as well as leading offshore wealth havens that have complex bank secrecy laws and institutions where the proceeds of fraud often are hidden.
Resilience in light of COVID-19, reactivation plans, opportunities and forecast on the economic activity for 2020
FraudNet members from Latin America, Aimee Prieto (Dominican Republic), Alejandro Pignataro (Costa Rica), and Bruce Horowitz (Ecuador), share their insights on resilience in light of COVID-19, reactivation plans, opportunities and forecast on the economic activity for 2020
Covid-19: Fascinating discussion between three highly-experienced (@ICCFraudNet) asset recovery experts lifting the lid on the impact and challenges posed by the pandemic upon The Bahamas and the BVI
Fascinating discussion between three highly-experienced (@ICCFraudNet) asset recovery experts lifting the lid on the impact and challenges posed by the pandemic upon The Bahamas and the BVI and asset recovery actions and insolvency work.
– Unique workarounds being applied during the crisis
– The differences between now and the 2008 financial crash, with predictions for “a massive shock to the system with insolvencies”
– Uncovering whether insolvencies coming down the line are the result of (often complex multi-jursidctional) frauds or genuine commercial reason
– The role for other specialists in our work to look at & analyse complex data (forensic accounting, expert technology assistance such as AI analysis)
– Opportunities for new technologies to begin reshaping how the sector works, with some (like judges) facing a steep learning curve initially
– The challenge of working at home with young children!
COVID-19: What to expect regarding Fraud and Insolvency in North America, a conversation, with Matthew Lindsay (Alberta, Canada), Joseph Wielebinski (Dallas, Texas) and Edward Davis (Miami, Florida)
Several states are in complete lock down, business are closed, social distancing, services/business are operating from home, this has evolved into an economic recession that will transform the world. How deep will it be? Will fraud flourish? How easy will it be to distinguish between pre-Covid19 fraud and post-Covid19 fraud?
Join our Fraudnet members from Canada and the US for a candid conversation regarding the current state of COVID-19 and its potential impact on fraud and insolvency.
COVID-19: Perspectiva de Insolvencia y Fraude en España, con Héctor Sbert
Héctor Sbert miembro de Fraudnet para España, nos acompaña para compartir una perspectiva de la coyuntura en España sobre las implicaciones de COVID-19, la regulación gubernamental, su impacto en la economía y perspectivas de en cuanto a la Insolvencia, Fraude y Ciberseguridad.