A podcast about sustainability and the making of fashion
049. Marsha Dickson on the Possibilities and Limits of Supplier Voice
In this episode, part two of our conversation with Marsha, we get into what it would take to get suppliers to open up and share their perspectives more freely.
048. Marsha Dickson on the Importance of Data to Supplier-Led Sustainability Narratives
In this episode, part one of our conversation, we ask Marsha about why she started Better Buying and how she became an advocate of purchasing practices in the first place.
047. Manufactured x GIZ FABRIC: Vijay Suvarna on How a Leather Manufacturer Approaches Sustainability
Given the relationships upstream and downstream, and the complexity of sustainability issues facing the leather industry, how did Asiatan decide where to start its sustainability journey? And what’s Vijay’s take on the role of government regulation?
046. Manufactured x GIZ FABRIC: Vijay Suvarna on Leather Traceability
This episode is all about inputs: what types of inputs does Asiatan need to make its leather? Where do these come from? What’s their relationship like with their suppliers? And how does this impact the traceability of leather?
045. Manufactured x GIZ FABRIC: Vijay Suvarna on How Leather is Made
Always wanted to know how leather is made? Vijay Suvarna, formerly the CSR and Sustainability Manager for Asiatan, gives an overview of the leather production process. What’s their relationship with shoe factories? And what’s their relationship with brands?
044. Crispin Argento on Cotton Traceability
This is part two of our conversation with Crispin Argento, Managing Director at the Sourcery, about cotton traceability.
I am really enjoying listening to people “on the inside” and not we assume happens. Dissecting the layers of our industry is so important to getting a closer relationship with transparency and ideal goals for true sustainability.