Listen to this podcast for top tips on integrating UX strategy into your business and for how to get started with building influence. We also look at the global differences in digital transformation in America, Europe and Asia, the shift from user experience (UX) to experience design (XD), how agile is a step back for UX, how to start a career in UX design and what the future of experience design looks like.
This is the first podcast in a thought-leadership series, by experience design agency Foolproof, interviewing the thinkers and doers in User Experience (UX) Strategy.
Episode two features Ronnie Battista, Experience Design Strategist, so make sure to subscribe to our podcast channel to catch this interview: https://soundcloud.com/foolproofux
You can download the full transcript on our website: http://www.foolproof.co.uk/media/574254/ux-strategy-interview-paul-bryant.pdf
Interviewer: Tim Loo is the Executive Director of Strategy at Foolproof.
Interviewee: Paul Bryan is a Consultant Strategist and organiser of UX Strat Conferences and Masterclasses, which are held around the world.
• How Paul got into experience design [1:13]
• Definition of UX strategy [3:48]
• Renaming UX Strat conference as XD Strat [5:41]
• How agile and lean are a step back for user experience design [7:17]
• The core elements of the UX Strategy and Planning process [8:59]
• How to build influence in legacy companies [11:18]
• UX strategy - the maturity curve [13:06]
• UX strategy and organisational barriers [14:33]
• The role of an experience design strategist [24:04]
• Advice for pursuing a career in experience design strategy [27:37]
• Why building relationships is essential for successful strategy [30:22]
• Why a data focused approach is important for strategy [32:52]
• The future of experience design Strategy [34:45]
Connect with Foolproof:
Visit the Foolproof BLOG: http://www.foolproof.co.uk/thinking/
Subscribe to Foolproof on YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiLzPOqQ7NvR8VkfX9xjHdg
Like Foolproof on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/FoolproofUX
Follow Foolproof on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Foolproof_UX