When everything goes your way it all feels so good and easy, it flows. But how you do respond when all of a sudden, it stops going according to plan? Do you feel stressed, agitated, anxious, worried or angry? We're guessing if you're human (which you are) you probably do feel one of those? And we know this episode will definitely help you.
This Get Merry Podcast episode is the first of our series on Yoga Philosophy, tune in and hear us chat about Ishvara Pranidhana or Surrender.
'Ishvara' in Sanskrit translates to supreme, or personal, God. 'Pranidhana' translates to dedicate, devote, or surrender. So this practice of Ishvara Pranidhana is to surrender or let go of our individual ego to the bigger picture, to your higher self or to God. If you don't like to use the word 'God', simply use the other options. Or find something that works for you.
Stuff we talk about…
- How practising Ishvara Pranidhana (the 5th Niyama of Yoga), the practice of surrender or letting go can help in every aspect of your life.
- How to surrender to the external forces around you and the things you have no control of.
- How to find the flow.
- The amazing life changes you'll experience when you get better at surrendering.
- Reaching out and seeking help when everything feels like it is falling apart.
- Trusting in what is happening around you and not being afraid of the process.
- Our mantra "Let go. Let go. It's OK. I'm OK." OR, you can just lie down on the ground, close your eyes and let go. This works.
We also just added the ultimate meditation inside the MerryBody Online Studio, which we know you will love.
It's 17 minutes of original music composed by Damiano Mex. It's a Guided Savasana that will take you on a journey to help you let go and surrender.
If you're not yet a MerryBody member, sign up for our FREE 7-day experience where you get to try all the magic inside MerryBody at no cost.
If you loved this episode please rate and review our podcast and share it with someone you love. Thank you for tuning in and being here!
Emma + Carla
P.s If you ever need help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.