In this episode, I speak with Lucy Clark, who has recently completed a trek along the Te Araroa Trail.... This runs the length of New Zealand... an over 3,000km journey! Lucy and I talk a little bit about her training, nutrition, mental/physical feelings, and so much more.
Lucy speaks about appreciating the journey, rather than focusing so much on pace which is a great lesson to learn. Granted, she was going for an FKT (fastest known time), but she did find time to enjoy the journey she was undertaking. Lucy averaged about a marathon every day with ONLY ONE DAY OFF.
1. Planning is everything. You have to have a roadmap when you are planning something huge-- especially if you want to do well.
2. The plan can go out the window. Even if it's something like nutrition. But you have to think on your feet and figure out how to modify.
3. GET YOUR REST. Someone like Lucy who runs this much, you want to listen to her recovery tips.... Sleep is her biggest go to for recovery because that's how your body will recover.
4. Sometimes, the thought of something is worse than the thing itself. Your mind will play up on you but don't let it win.
5. Take the time to appreciate the things that truly matter... Even when you are in the thick of something incredibly challenging, you CAN take time to enjoy the important things in your life.
6. If you have a dream, go for it. Set your mind to it and set up your plan. Commit to it and anything is possible.
Where to find Lucy:
Breaking the Barrier Social Media
Generation UCAN: Generation UCAN is the smarter #energy#energy #nutrition#nutrition that is powered by SuperStarch, a slow-release complex carbohydrate that uniquely delivers steady, long-lasting energy to keep you fueled and feeling good! Whether you are an #athlete#athlete, or just looking for a #healthy#healthy snack, give Generation UCAN, the best choice for steady energy, a try!www.generationucan.com.au use code
BREAKINGTHEBARRIER for 15% off your first order.
Audible: For you, the listeners of Breaking the Barrier podcast, #Audible#Audible is offering a #free#free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. There are over 180,000 titles to choose from and you can find #books#books on any subject. Today I would like to recommend "The Spartan Way" by Joe De Sena. Visit www.audibletrial.com/breakingthebarrier to claim your free audiobook and 30-day trial!