(Recorded June 24, 2018)
Haven’t read it yet? Pick up this issue today at Comixology!
In this episode, it seems to be darkest before the dawn as Brian and Jack take a closer look at the harsh and risky penultimate chapter of the saga in Spider-Gwen #33.
* 0:00 – Intro; Catching up with recent Miles and Gwen-related news. What the movie could mean for other Spider-Heroes. New stuff to pick up and new titles on the way from the creative team!
* 15:17 – Spider-Gwen #33 – Harsh, relentless, brutal (thank goodness for the lighter bookends). A powerful cover sets the tone for the darkest chapter yet. Navigating transitions and figuring out Gwen’s plan. Speculating on how this could all end (we have no idea).
* 41:40 – Our three word summaries of the issue (and a surprising match!)
* 42:33 – Outro; What did *you* think of this issue (and the trailer)? Let us know! And coming up…
Stuff that we mentioned in this episode:
* The TRAILER!!!!
* Reviews for Spider-Gwen #33
* Robbi Rodriguez relaunches DC Vertigo with Goddess Mode!
* Coming soon in Spider-Geddon: Spider-Ben!
* Miles in Venom #3 by Cates and Stegman
* Venom by Cullen Bunn
* Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus
* A Silk movie?
* How big are those pythons?
* Dancing on the Ceiling
* Suicide Squad
* Join the Amazing Spider-Slack! From our friends at the Amazing Spider-Talk podcast!
* Brian visits the Untold Talks of Spider-Man podcast
Also check out:
* Jack’s website; Podcasts: The Super 8-Bit Power Hour; Four-Colour Corner; The Sequelisers!
* Brian’s Twitter/Instagram/Podcasts/assorted nonsense
* Our “Mary Janes” style theme by Chris Postill at Sounds Like An Earful
* Ultimate Spin at iTunes
* Ultimate Spin at Stitcher