This week Dr. Don travels back across the pond to the oasis-like town of Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England to speak with Chiropractor Dr. Dean Rieder. Just three years ago, Dr. Rieder graduated from Durbin Chiropractic College in South Africa. He moved to the UK to start his practice and during this episode shares the ups and downs of attracting practice members, the costs of starting anew, and his unique approach to a homemade commercial with a famous client. Dr. Rieder thirstily seeks out any and all seminars, including the Vitality Shift program, and podcasts about chiropractic care. He recommends taking action as opposed to overthinking. And, due to his recommendation, the next shift unplugged event will be held in Marlow in September.
After listening to this episode, you will have a better understanding of the trials and tribulations new chiropractors face, the requirements for practicing abroad, and why it is important to get involved with a chiropractic community.
● Dean studied at Durbin Chiropractic College in South Africa and then moved to England to start his practice. [2:14]
● How Dean discovered Vitalistic Chiropractic and the education he sought out after graduating. [8:00]
● What Dean did to get his name out there and gain practice members. [12:11]
● Dean visits the countryside and exercises as a form of self-care. [14:33]
● Dean shares his Vitality Shift experience and how his chiropractic care has changed over time. [19:31]
● Dean shares a story about the day Russell Brand came into his office and the video they made together. [24:27]
● Dean’s advice for chiropractors is to listen to chiropractic podcasts and to get involved with your community. [32:12]
● The next Shift Unplugged will be the first week of September in Marlow, UK. [35:18]
Vitality Shift Website
True Concept Seminars
Dr. Don MacDonald
@DrDonMacDonald on Twitter