Survivors of sexual abuse (and domestic violence) span genders, sex, orientation and other identifiers. In other words, yes, men are victims, too. In this episode, you'll hear from a licensed counselor who helps men find hope and healing. Papillion 'Poppy' DeBoer is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor who, among other clients, specializes in helping male survivors navigate their healing.
Poppy uses evidence-based techniques and methods, drawing primarily from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Compassion Focused Therapy.
* Sexual Victimization Perpetrated by Women: Federal Data Reveal Surprising Prevalence (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308844135_Sexual_Victimization_Perpetrated_by_Women_Federal_Data_Reveal_Surprising_Prevalence)
* The Body Keeps the Score (https://www.amazon.com/Body-Keeps-Score-Healing-Trauma/dp/0143127748)
* My Body Belongs to Me (https://www.amazon.com/My-Body-Belongs-Head-Toes/dp/1626363455) (for kids)
* A Practical Guide to Complex PTSD (https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Guide-Complex-PTSD-Compassionate/dp/1646116143)
* Am I Broken (https://amibroken.buzzsprout.com/) (Poppy's podcast)
* Agency of Change (https://www.agencyofchange.net/) (Poppy's website)
If you need resources or help in any way, call our 24 hour hotline at 800-828-2023 or visit www.DASASMI.org.
Subscribe for a new episode each week. We publish every Wednesday morning at 8:00am. Subscribe to the weekly email newsletter here (http://eepurl.com/gtqeRb) or at our website here (https://www.dasasmi.org/podcast).
We appreciate your help in spreading the message of hope. You can help us reach more listeners by leaving a written review on Apple Podcasts (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/im-not-in-an-abusive-relationship/id1457515257?mt=2) or where you listen, and by sharing on social media.