Ashley Jordan Ferira, Ph.D., RDN: “If your immune system doesn't have the daily tools it needs, it won't be ready for offenders—whatever form they may be.”
Ferira, mbg's Director of Scientific Affairs, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to have an immune system that's ready for anything, plus:
- What happens when we interact with germs after a year of sanitization
- How to set your immune system up for success
- How to tell if your immune system is strong (besides getting sick)
- The best targeted bioactives for immunity
- The truth about elderberry & vitamin D
Referenced in the episode:
- A global survey that found over 95% of Americans do not get two servings of oily fish.
- A 2020 review that found beta-glucans can help train and strengthen the innate defense functions of key immune cells.
- An article explaining the relationship between vitamin D levels and the risk of COVID-19.
- mbg Podcast episode #279, with Deanna Minich, Ph.D.
Don't forget to use the code IMMUNITYPOD to save 25% off your first month of our newest supplement here at mindbodygreen, immune support+! The supplement delivers five targeted bioactives to strengthen our body’s natural defenses every day of the week.* Our immune system doesn’t take a day off. Why should we? Head to mindbodygreen.com/immunitypod to learn more.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking medications, consult with your doctor before starting a supplement routine. It is always optimal to consult with a health care provider when considering what supplements are right for you.