Wall St for Main St provides alternative financial information, research, education and consulting to Main Street investors using uncommon wisdom. Our goal is teaching people how to fish for themselves instead of trusting their financial adviser. We interview top investors, traders, money managers, financial commentators, economic experts, authors, CEOs and newsletter writers from around the world to discuss the latest events in the global economy and financial markets.
Kevin Duffy: Federal Reserve & Markets Flunking the Marshmallow Test
Jason Burack of Wall St for Main St interviewed returning guest, hedge fund manager Kevin Duffy of Bearing Asset Management http://www.bearingasset.com/. Kevin has over 30 years of experience working in the financial industry and over 20 years of experience successfully shorting stocks. Kevin runs his hedge fund with partner, Bill Laggner.
Kevin's Twitter handle: @kevinduffy1929
Dave Kranzler article on potential black swans: http://investmentresearchdynamics.com...
During this 40+ minute interview, Kevin discusses the presentation he gave a few weeks ago at Jim Grant's, Grant's Interest Rate Observer Investment Conference called, "Mr. Market Flunks the Marshmallow Test."
Jason asks Kevin about current stock market valuations relative to historical stock market valuations, why retail is crashing, and the damage artificially low interest rates have done.
Jim Rickards: China Very Worried About President Trump & Potential Trade War
Jason Burack of Wall St for Main St interviewed returning guest, best selling author, Jim Rickards http://www.jamesrickardsproject.com/.
Jim's best selling books include:
1) Currency Wars
2) The Death of Money
3) The New Case for Gold
4) The Road to Ruin
Jim's book are available here: https://www.amazon.com/James-Rickards...
Jim's full bio here: http://www.jamesrickardsproject.com/a...
During this 30+ minute interview, Jason starts off by asking Jim about his recent trip to mainland China and if he learned on his trip if physical gold demand in China is still strong?
Jason also asks Jim if China is worried about President Trump starting a trade war by putting a very high tariff on Chinese goods, why Keynesian predictive models with extremely poor long term track records are still given any credibility and whether Janet Yellen and the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates anymore in 2017?
David Seaman: Mainstream Media on New Anti-Russia Witch Hunt
Jason Burack of Wall St for Main St interviewed returning guest, Journalist and YouTuber David Seaman https://www.fulcrumnews.com/.
David's popular YouTube channel has over 150k subscribers and over 15 million views: https://www.youtube.com/user/davidsea...
David Seaman was fired from the Huffington Post for writing an article during the 2016 Presidential election about the health of Hillary Clinton: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vide...
Article about Antonio Gramchi infecting the US with Cultural Marxism https://stream.org/dangerous-marxist/
Former CIA Officer says Obama Administration spied on Trump and scandal is "Much Worse than Watergate" http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03...
During this 35+ minute interview, Jason starts off by asking David what he thinks, in his opinion, President Trump has done right so far in his first 2 months?
Jason and David discuss how the mainstream media is on a Neo-McCarthyism style Anti-Russia Witch Hunt, why the FBI hasn't charged any prominent Republican or Democrat politicians in pedogate and about Wikileaks' Vault 7 leaks.
Jeff Clark: China/India Gold Demand Still Very Strong, Precious Metal Miners Struggling
Jason Burack of Wall St for Main St interviewed first time guest, Senior Precious Metals Analyst at GoldSilver.com, Jeff Clark. Jeff was a former mining analyst and newsletter writer at Casey Research where he wrote the Big Gold investment newsletter.
Jeff writes a gold market newsletter for GoldSilver.com and his also writes articles for their blog https://goldsilver.com/blog/
Here's some of the questions and topics Jason asks Jeff about during this 30+ minute interview:
1) There was record physical gold withdrawals in November 2016 and February 2017 from the Shanghai Gold Exchange yet many mainstream gold organizations like the World Gold Council, GFMS, etc claim gold demand is weak. What's your take on demand for physical gold globally?
2) The gold to silver ratio is around 71. Do you think this means that silver is the better long term value relative to gold at this point?
3) I want to talk about the primary gold and silver mining industry. Do you think that in general the industry has done a good job at cutting costs in order to survive since gold hit $1900 and silver hit $48 in 2011 and a cyclical bear market started?
4) In December 2016, Bloomberg ran a story showing how primary gold miners are running out of economic gold reserves https://www.bloomberg.com/ news/articles/2016-12-21/gold- miners-are-running-out-of- metal-five-charts-explaining- why
Do you think the industry can replace reserves at current gold and silver prices or will gold and silver prices have to go substantially higher to maintain current production levels and also to replace mined/depleted reserves?
5) Can primary gold and silver miners significantly cut more costs without shutting down mines or going bankrupt?
6) The CEO of Franco Nevada recently said that it will almost be impossible for the gold mining industry to grow production beyond current production levels. Do you agree with him? https://www.bloomberg.com/ news/articles/2017-03-01/gold- miners-running-to-stand-still- after-cuts-franco-ceo-says
7) Large gold mining companies like Barrick Gold, Newmont Mining and Goldcorp have written off their proven and probable gold reserves since 2012. Reserves have declined to 61%, 62% and 69% of the 2012 heydays. Is the gold mining industry facing very difficult supply problems now and in the future?
Doug Casey: It's Dangerous to be Politically Incorrect Anymore!
Jason Burack of Wall St for Main St interviewed returning guest, best selling author, world traveler, international man, speculator & founder of Casey Research, https://www.caseyresearch.com/, Doug Casey.
Doug's newest book, and his first fiction book of a 7 part fiction book series, Speculator: High Ground, Book 1 is now available on audio book on Audible: http://www.audible.com/pd/Mysteries-T...
Doug Casey on the Politically Correct Movement: https://www.caseyresearch.com/article...
Find all of Doug Casey's investing books on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Doug-Casey/e/B...
During this 30+ minute interview, Jason starts off by asking Doug about President Trump and if Trump has done anything Doug has liked so far?
Doug talks about how and why so many people hate Trump leading to a long discussion about cultural Marxism and the politically correct movement in the US.
Jason also asks Doug about a global US Dollar shortage, stagflation coming and how to speculate on gold stocks.
Jerry Robinson: The Market Has The Same Look As The Dot Com and Housing Bubble
Wall St for Main St welcomed back Jerry Robinson, who is an economist, investor, trend trader and Editor of Follow The Money.
If you interested in subscribing to Jerry's newsletter and trading system, go to http://ftmdaily.com/
What did we discussed?
1. Thoughts on the Federal Reserve rate hike and what it means for the market.
2. In depth look at the S& P 500 chart and what the trend is heading in the near term and why Jerry thinks this market has the same look and feeling to previous bubble in the market
3. Trading ideas on industries traders can short
4. Discussed Jerry's recent video on the biblical view on propaganda.