What do past epidemics teach us about Covid-19? What do past disasters teach us about politics and the state? Is there a false binary between lockdown and no-lockdown? Anup Malani joins Amit Varma in episode 176 of The Seen and the Unseen to share his insights on these subjects and more.
Also check out:
1. Anup Malani's homepage.
2. Taking Stock of Covid-19 -- Episode 169 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Shruti Rajagopalan).
3. We Are Fighting Two Disasters -- Amit Varma.
4. The Economic Approach to Human Behaviour -- Gary Becker.
5. Learning During a Crisis: the SARS Epidemic in Taiwan -- Daniel Bennett, Chun-Fang Chiang, Anup Malani.
6. Identifying Placebo Effects with Data from Clinical Trials -- Anup Malani.
7. FSI (Floor Space Index) -- Episode 11 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Alex Tabarrok).
8. Rent Control -- Episode 14 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Alex Tabarrok).
9. Slums -- Episode 21 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Pavan Srinath).